Milk cake (Tres Leches cake) Recipe
Milk Cake (Tres Leches) is a total delight for milk lovers. Its creamy, milky goodness is simply irresistible!
The taste of Milk Cake is rich and indulgent, with a delightful sweetness that is balanced by the creamy milk flavour. But homemade Milk Cake is richer, tastier and to your liking.
Making Milk Cake at home gives you complete control over the ingredients. You can choose the best quality milk, cream, condensed milk, and other ingredients, ensuring freshness and superior taste. Also, you can customise the Milk Cake recipe according to your preferences. For instance, if you want it sweeter, you can adjust the quantity of sweetened condensed milk.
And let's not forget the joy of experimenting and getting creative! Making Milk Cake at home gives you the freedom to add your unique twists. You can try different flavourings like cardamom, saffron, or even a touch of rosewater. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to create a one-of-a-kind cake as per your taste.
Our Milk Cake recipe includes Nestlé MILKMAID as it gives the cake a deep, caramelised taste that is hard to resist. When you take a bite, the sweetness envelops your taste buds, leaving behind a subtle richness that is super satisfying. The richness of the milk, the caramelised sweetness, and the velvety smoothness all come together to create a pure decadent dessert.
Using Nestlé MILKMAID in the Milk Cake recipe gives it a rich, caramelised taste that is difficult to resist. When you take a bite, the sweetness envelops your taste buds, leaving behind a subtle richness that is incredibly satisfying. The richness of the milk, the caramelised sweetness, and the velvety smoothness all come together to create a dessert that is pure indulgence.
Our super easy Milk Cake recipe with Nestlé MILKMAID will help you create a Milk Cake with the perfect taste, texture, and sweetness, which can be a little challenging to achieve otherwise.
So, gather the few needed ingredients and get started with our Milk Cake recipe.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 30 Min
- Baking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Milk cake (Tres Leches cake)
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 3 tbsp Nestlé a+ Nourish Dahi
- 1/2 cup Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Flavour
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- taste according Salt
For Tres Leches mixture
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Flavour
- 3 tbsp Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Nourish Dahi
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
How to make Milk cake (Tres Leches cake)
- Step 1: In a bowl, take Nestlé MILKMAID, curd, oil, and vanilla essence. Using a whisker, whisk till uniform consistency.
- Step 2: Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt directly into a bowl of wet ingredients.
- Step 3: Mix dry and wet ingredients. Slowly add milk bit by bit to get pouring consistency.
- Step 4: Preheat the oven at 180° C and line an 8x8 inches square tin with parchment paper/butter paper or grease the tin evenly with butter.
- Step 5: Pour the prepared batter into the tin and tap it on the counter. Bake for 20 min or until cake passes the toothpick test.
- Step 6: Remove it from the oven and let it rest in the tin for 10 min. Then de-mould the cake in a plate/tray. Let it cool for another 5 minutes. Then, slowly remove the butter paper (if used) and keep it aside.
For Tres Leches Mixture
- Step 1: For evaporated milk - Pour 1 cup milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Keep stirring until it comes to a boil. Allow the milk to simmer on low flame with continuous stirring to avoid any burning. Once the milk reduces to half of the initial quantity, then stop simmering. The evaporated milk is ready.
- Step 2: In a bowl, take prepared evaporated milk, Nestlé MILKMAID, and cream. Add vanilla essence and whisk it.
- Step 3: Using a fork or toothpick, prick the cake. Pour the prepared Tres Leches mixture all over the cake. Now keep it in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Step 1: Pour dahi into a muslin cloth and hung for an hour to get the hung curd.
- Step 2: Whip the hung curd with Nestlé MILKMAID and vanilla essence. Take out the cake from the refrigerator and spread this frosting evenly on the cake.
- Step 3: Our Tres Leaches cake is ready. Garnish with any seasonal fruit on top. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Tips to Make Mango Cheesecake
- While simmering the milk, stir it regularly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When adding sweeteners, such as condensed milk, do so gradually and taste as you go.
- Grease the baking pan with ghee or butter before pouring the thickened milk mixture into it. This prevents sticking and makes it easier to remove the Milk Cake once it's cooled.
- Once the Milk Cake is cooked and removed from the pan, let it cool completely at room temperature. This allows it to set and firm up before slicing.
FAQs on Mango Cheesecake
1. How should I store Milk Cake?
Milk Cake should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap to maintain its freshness. It can be kept at room temperature for a day or two, but it is advisable to refrigerate it for longer shelf life.
2. Can Milk Cake be made ahead of time with the above recipe?
Yes, with the above easy Milk Cake recipe, the dessert can be made in advance. It keeps well in the refrigerator for several days, allowing you to prepare it ahead of time for special occasions or gatherings.
3. What is the average preparation time for making Milk Cake?
The time required to make Milk Cake can vary depending on the recipe and the heat level used for simmering the milk. With Nestlé MILKMAID and the above Milk Cake recipe, it takes just 30 minutes of preparation time and 20 minutes of baking time.
4. How do I know when the milk has thickened enough?
The milk should have reduced to about half of its original volume and should have a thick, creamy consistency. You can check by stirring and observing its consistency. It's important to be patient and allow the milk to reduce slowly over low to medium heat to achieve the desired consistency and enjoy a delicious homemade Milk Cake.