Thandai Cupcakes Recipe
If you are wondering what to add as a dessert to your Holi party, the Thandai Cupcakes would be your best choice. The flavours of this dessert will surely make your party more delightful.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Baking - 25 Min
Ingredients for Thandai Cupcakes
For Thandai Masala
- 1/8 cup Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Rose Petals
- ¼ cup Milk
For Cake batter
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1.5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Flavour
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 4 tbsp Thandai Masala
- ½ cup Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Thandai Masala
How to make Thandai Cupcakes
- Step 1 For Thandai masala, blend all ingredients of thandai masala along with 1/4 cup milk into a smooth paste.
- Step 2 For the cake batter, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Step 3 In a separate mixing bowl, add curd, Vanilla flavour, Oil, & Nestlé MILKMAID. Whisk till the mixture is well combined & creamy.
- Step 4 Then add Thandai Masala, and the dry ingredients (mixed earlier). Mix everything and the cake batter is ready.
- Step 5 Pour the batter into cupcake liners placed in a tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 20-25 mins.
- Step 6 Once baked, let them cool down completely.
- Step 7 For the frosting, whip the cream till soft peaks. Then add the thandai masala and whip till stiff peaks.
- Step 8 Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting & enjoy!
Tips to Make Thandai Cupcakes
- Don’t over mix
To get the fluffiest cupcakes, mix the cupcake batter just until the wet and dry are combined. Over mixing will lead to dense cupcakes which we do not want!
- Filling the cupcake liners appropriately
To avoid short and volcano cupcakes, fill cupcake liners perfectly. Fill the liners about 2/3 of the way for the best results. Always use a scoop to fill them, please do not eye-ball it.
- Bake in the centre
To get the best possible results, always place the cupcakes in the centre of the oven, for this will not only ensure good airflow but also help in even heat distribution, preventing the cupcakes from overcooking. And if your oven heats unevenly, you can rotate the cupcake tray half the time.
Recipe you might like