Nestlé India (Nestlé) is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that you continue to trust Nestlé with your personal data. When you interact with us, you may share personal information with us which allows identification of you as an individual (e.g. name, email, address, telephone number). This is known as personal data.
SCOPE AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with our products and services we offer.
By using Nestlé Sites (as defined below) or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use Nestlé Sites (as defined below) or give us any personal data.
Nestlé reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal data may be used.
DATA COLLECTED BY NESTLÉ
Nestlé may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including through:
- Online and electronic interactions with us, including via Nestlé websites, mobile applications, text messaging programs or through Nestlé branded pages or applications on third party social networks (e.g. Facebook);
- Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards, competition entries and contacts through Nestlé consumer services call centres; and
- Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that Nestlé, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
1. Data that you provide to us directly
- Personal contact information, including any information allowing Nestlé to contact you in person (e.g. name, home or (e)mail address, and phone number);
- Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state and geo-location), favourite products, hobbies, interests, and household or lifestyle information;
- Payment information, including to make purchases (e.g. credit card number, expiration date, billing address);
- Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with Nestlé (e.g. login ID/email, user name, password and security question/answer);
- Consumer feedback, including information that you share with Nestlé about your experience in using Nestlé products and services (e.g. your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to Nestlé products); and
- Consumer-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and then share with Nestlé (and perhaps others) by uploading it to a Nestlé Site.
2. Data that we collect when you interact with Nestlé Sites
3. Data collected from other sources
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party data aggregators, Nestlé promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include:
- personal contact information; and
- any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
We may also receive personal data about individuals when we acquire other companies.