Eggless Lemon Oat Tart Recipe
Healthy oats and a yummy dessert? Yes you read the combination right! Chef Smriti Iyer - famous baking instructor and founder of online baking school – Smriti’s Special, has created a delicious and healthy dessert recipe of Lemon Oat Tart which will give your weekend a perfect start!
- Servings - 6 to 8
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 40 Min
Ingredients for Eggless Lemon Oat Tart
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal (or ground raw unpeeled almonds)
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tbsp Cornflour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 2½ tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Lemon’s Zest
How to make Eggless Lemon Oat Tart
- Combine oats and almond meal. Then add All-Purpose Flour and powdered sugar and mix well
- Add butter and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until the base has a nice sandy texture.
- Press the tart base mixture in a Tart ring or Tart pan as evenly as possible and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 170°C till light golden brown.
- Let the base cool completely.
- For the filling, combine lemon juice, cornflour, turmeric, powdered sugar and water in a saucepan and gently heat till it thickens. Constantly stir it so it doesn't form lumps.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add Nestlé MILKMAID and some lemon zest and mix well. Cook on a gentle heat for another 30 seconds till it almost bubbles.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Pour into the baked tart base and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 140°C.
- Let the Tart cool at room temp, then put it in the fridge to chill for several hours until it sets.
- Serve chilled with a garnish of your choice.