Apple Crumble Recipe
Apple crumble is a classic dessert that originated in Britain. This dessert includes cinnamon-laced apples with a crunchy topping of flour and butter, which is baked until it turns golden brown. This warm and comforting dessert is perfect for any occasion.
Here is an easy apple crumble recipe for you to enjoy with your family and friends.
Serve this dessert warm with a portion of vanilla ice cream or just a dollop of whipped cream for a sensational experience.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 40 Min
Ingredients for Apple Crumble
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 250 gms Apples
- 75 g (3/4 cup) Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- ½ tsp Dalchini (Cinnamon powder)
How to make Apple Crumble
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 220º C. Mix Nestlé MILKMAID and 2 tbsp butter and heat it in a sauce pan for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Step 2: Peel and slice apples. In a greased ovenproof dish, place the apple slices in layers. Press lightly while putting the apple slices. Pour the cooled Nestlé MILKMAID mixture over it and spread evenly.
- Step 3: Mix maida, 75 gms butter, and cinnamon powder to a crumbly texture. Top the apples with the crumble. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
FAQs on Apple Crumble
1. What flour can you use in the crumble mix?
Our apple crumble recipe includes all-purpose flour (maida). You can also use almond flour or whole wheat flour for the crumble.
2. What type of apple is best for apple crumble?
You can use any kind of apple as long as the apples have a firm texture and a sour-sweet taste.
3. Can you store apple crumble?
Although there is no match for a fresh and warm apple crumble, you still store the leftovers. You can store it in the fridge for 5 days but reheat it in an oven before serving.