Orange Kheer Recipe
Orange kheer, also known as Kamola Kheer in Assam is a flavorsome dessert recipe from India’s Eastern region. Orange kheer would make for a perfect dessert recipe to try and relish with your loved ones this Ramadan and give the perfect finishing touch to the meal.
If are planning to begin preparing it from the scratch, you might have to curate many ingredients and the preparation might take up a lot of time. However, with Nestlé MILKMAID, you can simplify the whole process. You just need to have a few easily available ingredients by your side to serve your guests and loved ones with the authentic taste of orange kheer. Learn how to prepare orange kheer in a few simple steps.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 25 Min
Ingredients for Orange Kheer
- ½ Tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 3 Cups Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Boiled/Cooked Rice
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Few strands Kesar
- For garnish Fresh orange pulp
How to make Orange Kheer
- Step 1: Mix milk, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and kesar strands together & bring to a boil.
- Step 2: Add boiled/cooked rice, Nestlé MILKMAID & orange zest and cook the mixture for another 20-30 minutes till it thickens.
- Step 3: Pour in a bowl, top it up with some orange pulp and nuts of your choice, and serve chilled.
Tips to Make Orange Kheer
- Take fresh orange zest and pulp, otherwise, it might not taste as good as it should.
- Never heat the milk after adding the orange pulp, because the acidic nature of orange might lead to the splitting of milk .
FAQs on Orange Kheer
1. Can I mix milk, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, kesar strands and boiled rice altogether?
It is not advisable to do so. Instead, first mix milk, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and kesar strands, bring them to a boil and then only add boiled rice to it. Otherwise, you might end up over-boiling the rice.
2. Can I add just the orange pulp and not the orange zest?
As orange pulp’s flavor is not very strong, it is preferable to use the orange zest for enhancing the orange flavor.