Caramel Squares Recipe
Caramel squares! Perhaps one of the fondest memories and a sure sign that grandma is home was the aroma of soft caramel squares baking in the oven. Today, MILKMAID brings you an authentic and easy chocolate caramel squares recipe to take you back in time. These soft caramel squares are delicious. To make these chocolate caramel squares, all you have to do is follow this ‘how to make caramel squares’ guide, and you will have them ready in no time. You can toss the caramel squares for baking in an oven or even make them in a pressure cooker. So, try these homemade caramel squares and surprise your friends and family for your next tea-party!
- Servings - 20
- Preparation - 20 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Caramel Squares
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 50 gms Butter
- 225 gms Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 100 gms Butter
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts
- 50 gms Chocolate Bar
How to make Caramel Squares
- Step 1: Lightly grease a baking tray. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cream butter and add sifted maida and mix well.
- Step 2: Press 2/3 of the mixture into ¼ inch thick layer in the greased tray. Put the remaining mix into the refrigerator.
- Step 1: In a pan, add butter and Nestlé MILKMAID, cook it till it thickens.
- Step 2: Spread the filling evenly over the base.
- Step 1: Mix the chopped cashew nuts and chocolate, sprinkle over the filling.
- Step 2: Crumble the maida mixture kept in the refrigerator and sprinkle over the nuts and chocolate and press it lightly.
- Step 3: Bake at 180℃ for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
- Step 4: It can be served immediately or stored for 2 to 3 days.