Makhana Kheer Recipe
Kheer is an all-time favourite sweet indulgence, not only because it is very easy to make, but also, because of its thick, smooth, and rich taste. Made from puffed lotus seeds, this Makhana Kheer or Makhana Ki Kheer is often made in North India during Navratri. In truth, Makhana Kheer is a delicious dessert which can be served on any occasion. Makhana Kheer is wonderfully light and very easy to prepare. This Makhana Kheer recipe is brought to you by Nestlé MILKMAID. This recipe of Makhana Ki Kheer is the best as it isn’t daunting and uses minimal ingredients to bring out authentic taste and texture in this dessert. Roast the makhanas in ½ a teaspoon of Everyday Shahi Ghee before making the Makhana ki Kheer for a lovely crunchy texture in each spoonful.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 15 Min
Ingredients for Makhana Kheer
- 1/2 tin (200 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 6 cups Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1 tbsp Nestlé Everyday Ghee
- 3 cups (30 gms) Makhana
- 1/2 cup (30 gms) Grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 5 Chopped Badam (Almonds)
- 8-10 Kishmish (Raisins)
How to make Makhana Kheer
- Fry makhana in ghee and crush coarsely. In a pan mix crushed makhana and milk, and simmer on low frame for 5-10 minutes. Add grated coconut and continue to cook for another few minutes with frequent stirring, till creamy and little thick.
- Add Nestlé MILKMAID and cook for another 5 minutes or till you reach the desired consistency.
- Remove from flame and add cardamom powder. Serve hot or cold garnished with chopped almonds and raisins.