Sheer Khurma Recipe
Sheer Khurma is a delectable delicacy from the renowned Persian cuisine. This creamy dish, made with milk, vermicelli, and a plethora of dry fruits, will quickly satisfy your sweet cravings. Many people use saffron, cardamom powder, and poppy seeds to enhance the flavours. This delectable and rich dessert is prepared as a special delicacy on Ramadan or Eid al-Fitr. Apart from festivals, this is a traditional dessert that is prepared in a variety of ways in various households. Make this sheer khurma with condensed milk for Eid and impress your family and guests with your culinary skills.
With each bite of our sheer khurma recipe, you'll get melt-in-your-mouth fragrant flavours and the freshness of numerous nuts and other ingredients. Making sheer kurma the traditional way can take an hour or more, but using condensed milk in the sheer khurma recipe speeds up the process significantly, as condensed milk already contains cooked milk and sugar. Because it only requires a few ingredients, you can now make this simple sheer khurma recipe at home during Ramadan. Learn how to make sheer khurma at home with Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Sheer Khurma
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- ½ cup (75 gms) Nestlé Everyday Shahi Ghee
- 5 cups (750 ml) Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 50 gms Thin Vermicelli
- 4 Seedless Dates
- 10 Blanched and Sliced Badam (Almonds)
- 10 Kajus (Cashewnuts)
- 10 Sliced Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Chironji
- 1 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 2 tbsp Raisins
How to make Sheer Khurma
- Step 1: In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Ghee and fry the vermicelli until brown. Keep it aside.
- Step 2: In a pan, bring milk to boil, let it heat on slow flame and add the vermicelli. Simmer until the vermicelli is soft & cooked. Now, add Nestlé MILKMAID, dates and mix it well. Heat this mixture until it thickens. Now transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- Step 3: Heat remaining ghee (2 tbsp) in a pan and add almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, chironji, and melon seeds. Once the nuts & seeds turn brown, add raisins. Add this over the vermicelli mixture and serve warm.
Tips to Make Sheer Khurma
- In a matter of seconds, the nuts and dry fruits can get completely burnt. As a result, when frying them, use extra caution. Also, rather than finely slivering them, sliver them thickly. Remove them from the pot as soon as they are light brown, because they will continue to brown in the residual heat.
- Some prefer their sheer khurma in a watery consistency, while others like it thick. By adding more or less milk, you can alter the consistency.
FAQs on Sheer Khurma
1. How should I store the sheer khurma?
Sheer khurma kept in the refrigerator can last for almost two days if stored in an airtight container. Keep it out for no more than 8 hours because it's a delicate dessert.
2. Is it better to eat sheer khurma hot or cold?
Although this dish is traditionally served warm, many people prefer it chilled. There are no instructions for eating this sheer khurma. Simply select what interests you.