Mango Sticky Rice Recipe
Experience the taste of tropical paradise with Mango Sticky Rice. This creamy and sweet treat is topped with fresh slices of ripe mango offering the ultimate dessert experience.
Mango Sticky Rice originated in Thailand and won hearts all over the world. The dish consists of rice cooked in coconut milk, which gives it a creamy flavour and is then served with slices of ripe mango on top for some additional burst of flavour.
Instead of coconut milk, you can even use coconut sauce. You can make it easily with Nestlé MILKMAID, MAGGI coconut milk powder, warm water, and corn flour.
The rice used in Mango Sticky Rice recipe is a special variety of short-grain rice that becomes sticky and chewy when cooked, making it perfect for soaking up the coconut sauce. Besides adding flavour, it also helps keep the rice moist and sticky. Adding fresh mango would provide a tart and refreshing contrast to the rich, creamy rice and add a burst of tropical sweetness.
Mango Sticky Rice is a relatively easy dish to prepare, and the result is a delicious and comforting dessert that is perfect for a warm summer day or a cozy winter night. Follow our easy Mango Sticky Rice recipe. The estimated preparation time is just 15 min, and the cooking time is 20 min.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Mango Sticky Rice
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/3 cup Maggi Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 3 cups Warm Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 2 Ripe Sliced Mangoes
How to make Mango Sticky Rice
- Step 1 For Sweet Rice: Wash the rice well. Mix 25 gms coconut milk powder in 2 cups warm water. Add rice, salt and cook in the pressure cooker for 5 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Once done, add vanilla essence and mash the rice well.
- Step 2 For Coconut Sauce: In a bowl, mix the remaining 25 gms coconut milk powder, 1 cup warm water, Nestlé MILKMAID and corn flour. Heat in a pan until the mixture thickens.
- Step 3 Add the coconut sauce to the cooked rice along with chopped mangoes. Mix well, place in a serving bowl and refrigerate. Place some mango slices over the rice and serve!
Tips to make Mango Sticky Rice
- Rinse the sticky rice in cold water until the water runs clear to remove excess starch.
- Cook the rice on low flame such that they don’t taste raw or half-cooked
- Use fresh mangoes for the perfect taste
- You can have the dish warm or chilled based on your preference
- You can even garnish the dish with sesame seeds, toasted coconut flakes, or additional coconut cream
FAQs on Mango Sticky Rice
1. How long can I store Mango Sticky Rice in the refrigerator?
You can store Mango Sticky Rice in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It's best to store the rice and mango separately and then combine them when ready to eat.
2. Can I use canned mango for preparing Mango Sticky Rice recipe?
Fresh mango is the best option for Mango Sticky Rice recipe, but if fresh mango is not available, you can use canned mango.
3. How do I know when the rice is properly cooked?
The rice is generally cooked until it's tender and sticky. However, you can check by pressing a grain of rice between your fingers, it should be soft but still have some texture.