Mango Shahi Tukda Recipe
The term Shahi tukda means royal piece or royal bite, and we think it's a perfect fit. Shahi tukda is prepared by frying little pieces of bread soaked in condensed milk and dry fruits and infused with a flavour of cardamom, and is often compared to the Arabic delicacy Umm Ali. A wonderful fruit meets a delicate melt-in-your-mouth concoction Shahi tukda in this recipe, resulting in a mouthwateringly exquisite Indian fusion dessert, mango shahi tukda, packed with a rich yet light and fluffy Rabdi mousse. This mango shahi tukda dessert is a crowd-pleaser, with an interesting blend of tastes that will appeal to both children and adults!
The traditional method of making Shahi tukda takes up to an hour or more but is quick when using condensed milk. You can now make this simple mango shahi tukda recipe at home during Ramadan because it only requires a few ingredients. Learn how to make mango shahi tukda at home using Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 10 Min
Ingredients for Mango Shahi Tukda
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 3 (crumbled) Bread
- 1/2 cup Mango puree
For the Tukda:
- 2 tbsp Nestlé EveryDay Shahi Ghee
- 10 Bread slices
- 1 Ripe mango (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 3 tbsp Pistachio slivers
How to make Mango Shahi Tukda
- Step 1 For rabdi, heat milk and add Nestlé MILKMAID. Simmer for 2-3 min. Add crumbled bread pieces. Mix well and allow it to cool. Add in the mango puree and mix well
- Step 2 Cut the bread slices into rounds with the help of a cutter. Toast on a heated pan (on a low flame) with the help of a little ghee till crisp
- Step 3 To assemble the mango shahi tukda, take the rabri and spread on the toasted bread rounds. Place some mango slices on top and garnish with pistachio slivers.
Tips to Make Mango Shahi Tukda
- Instead of deep frying the bread slices, shallow fried them or toast them in the toaster to make the dessert lighter.
- Rabdi can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Simply shallow fry the bread slices before serving, then top with rabdi, and finish with dry fruits.
- It's always best to use a hefty kadai or a thick-bottomed pan when creating meals like rabri.
FAQs on Mango Shahi Tukda
1. Is it possible to make mango shahi tukda recipe before time?
Yes! If you are not going to serve the mango shahi tukda right away, store all of the ingredients separately in the refrigerator. Just keep in mind that the bread will get a little soggy after a while in the moist air of the refrigerator, so toast it again before serving.
2. How to decorate the mango shahi tukda?
Some people like to decorate their shahi tukra with beautiful silver foil (chandi ka varak). If you want to use it, do it right before serving, regardless of whether you're serving it chilled, heated, or room temperature.