Rasmalai is a popular and delicious Bengali sweet where lip-smacking cottage cheese balls are soaked in lusciously thick, sweetened milk. There's no better way to end a lavish meal than to indulge in the richness of this delicious dessert. If you are a fan of this soft and light sweet dish, you have reached the right spot. With a good Rasmalai recipe, you can also make this sweet at home. Yes, making the Rasmalai sweet at home isn’t difficult, as long as you have step-by-step instructions to guide you in its preparation. Also, this beautiful dessert does not need any accompaniments. This Rasmalai recipe by Nestlé MILKMAID is the perfect guide for learning how to make the Rasmalai sweet at home. And all you need to make a delicious Rasmalai, are the right ingredients. This Rasmalai recipe calls for Nestlé MILKMAID and Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk, which will help you make your Rasmalai soft and creamy.
- Servings - 8-10
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Rasmalai
- ½ tin (200 gm) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 4 cups, (600 ml) Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 300 gm, well mashed Paneer
- 8-10 strands Saffron
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10-12, chopped Pistachios
- 1 liter Water
- 2 cups (300 gm) Sugar
How to make Rasmalai
- Further mash paneer with hand for at least 6 minutes to make smooth dough.
- Alongside take a pan add sugar and water together and bring to boil to make syrup for cooking rasmalai.
- Make small balls of paneer dough and flatten, add into boiling sugar syrup, cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- In another pan pour in the Nestlé a+ milk and Nestlé MILKMAID, bring to boil and reduce to half. Turn of the flame, add saffron and cardamom powder and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Take out the Rasgullas from sugar syrup squeeze gently to remove the sugar syrup and put them into saffron ras,
- Garnished with chopped pistachio and serve chilled.