Chocolate Modak Recipe
Experience the heavenly taste of homemade Chocolate Modaks - a blend of chocolate's richness and modak's traditional charm. These delectable modaks offer a moist and tender texture that's truly heavenly. Infused with the essence of rich cocoa, they have a delicate crumb that melts in your mouth, leaving a taste of pure delight.
In our recipe, what truly elevates the taste and texture of these Chocolate Modaks is Nestlé MILKMAID. Its harmonious balance of sweetness and creaminess creates an exquisite blend of flavours, making these modaks an irresistible treat for your palate. Nestlé MILKMAID transforms ordinary modaks into an extraordinary dessert experience.
So, whether you're celebrating a festival or simply craving a sweet indulgence, our Chocolate Modak Recipe with Nestlé MILKMAID will help you make perfect modaks in one go.
Try our recipe today and let the chocolatey goodness melt in your mouth!
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
Ingredients for Chocolate Modak
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/2 tbsp Nestlé Everyday Shahi Ghee
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
How to make Chocolate Modak
- Step 1: In a pan, heat ghee, Nestlé MILKMAID, and milk. Cook on low flame and stir continuously until it boils.
- Step 2: Add vinegar/lemon juice and continue heating. Allow the mixture to separate slightly. Make a paste of cocoa and corn flour in a little water, and pour into the mixture.
- Step 3: Continue cooking on medium flame until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from the flame and transfer onto a plate.
- Step 4: When slightly cooled, shape the mixture into modaks and serve!
Tips to Make Chocolate Modak
- Cook chocolate slurry and condensed milk over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning or clumping.
- Make sure the mixture is smooth and thick enough to hold its shape when moulded into modaks.
- Allow the modaks to cool at room temperature for a few hours or refrigerate for faster setting.
- Accurately measure each ingredient, as given in the Chocolate Modak recipe, to achieve the desired texture and consistency of the sweet dish.
- You can garnish these modaks with finely chopped nuts or edible gold or silver foil for a finishing touch.
FAQs on Chocolate Modak
1. Can I make modaks without mould?
Yes, just take a portion of the mixture while it's still warm, roll it into a small ball, and then gently press down on the base to create a modak-like shape. You can also shape it into a peda or any other shape you like.
2. Why did my Chocolate Modak turn hard?
Overcooking the mixture can turn your chocolate modak hard. Ensure you cook chocolate and condensed milk on medium heat, stirring continuously until smooth. Adding a touch of ghee can also prevent excessive hardening.
3. Why is the Chocolate Modak not holding its shape?
If your Chocolate Modak isn't holding its shape, it may require further cooking. To fix this, continue cooking the mixture for a few extra minutes, then test it by rolling a small amount into a ball. If it holds its shape, the mixture is prepared and ready for moulding.
4. How to store it?
You can store Chocolate Modaks in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. For longer shelf life, refrigerate them in an airtight container.