Almond Cake with Lemon Icing Recipe
Enjoy a slice of bliss with Almond Cake topped with zesty lemon icing.
This moist and tender cake features a delicate crumb infused with a rich almond flavour. The light and fluffy texture creates a heavenly treat, while the tangy lemon glaze adds a vibrant citrus punch. It's a perfectly balanced burst of sweetness and tanginess.
When baked at home, you have more control over the ingredients to adjust it just the way you like. Also, all your effort and love poured into the cake makes it much more enjoyable.
However, achieving the desired moistness and tenderness can become challenging, resulting in dry cakes, impacting the overall taste.
With Nestlé MILKMAID, you can solve this problem and achieve the perfect level of moisture in the cake batter. The luscious, sweetened condensed milk with creamy and rich consistency helps ensure that the Almond Cake turns out moist and tender, resulting in a truly delightful texture. So, with Nestlé MILKMAID and our easy Almond Cake recipe, you need not worry about your cake being dry or unsavoury.
Whether you're enjoying a slice with a cup of tea or serving it as a show-stopping dessert, this homemade Almond Cake with lemon icing is sure to impress with its delightful taste and irresistible texture.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 20 Min
- Baking - 40 Min
Ingredients for Almond Cake with Lemon Icing
For Almond Cake:
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Nourish Dahi
- 100 gms Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 100 gms Almonds, ground (Almond Flour)
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 100 gms Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Eggs
For Lemon Icing:
- 1/4 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Almond Flakes
How to make Almond Cake with Lemon Icing
For Almond Cake:
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180⁰ C. Lightly grease a baking tin and dust with flour.
- Step 2: Sieve together maida, almond flour and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Step 3: Soften butter in a bowl, add Nestlé MILKMAID, and beat well to a creamy consistency. Add vanilla essence and mix. Slowly beat in the eggs one by one, then fold in the sieved maida mixture and mix well. Add Dahi and mix to get a dropping consistency.
- Step 4: Pour into the prepared baking tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 -45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Step 5: Remove from oven, cool for a while. Then, turn it out onto a wire rack or a plate.
For Lemon Icing:
- Step 1: In a bowl, add Nestlé MILKMAID, lime juice and cream. Beat well till thick. Spread lemon icing on top and sprinkle some almond flakes.
Tips to Almond Cake with Lemon Icing
- Grate the zest of fresh lemons into the batter to enhance the lemon flavour and aroma of the cake.
- Preheat the oven and bake the cake at the recommended temperature and time stated in the Almond Cake recipe.
- Allow the Almond Cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before applying the lemon icing. This ensures the icing sets properly and doesn’t melt.
- Accurate measurements of ingredients, as given in the Almond Cake recipe, especially almond flour, are crucial for the right texture and consistency of the cake.
FAQs on Almond Cake with Lemon Icing
1. Can I use almond meal instead of almond flour in the Almond Cake recipe?
Yes, the almond meal can be used as a substitute for almond flour in this recipe. However, keep in mind that almond flour cake may have a slightly different texture as an almond meal has a slightly coarser texture, which may affect the cake's texture.
Overall, almond flour cakes also provide a satisfying flavour enjoyed by those who appreciate the taste of almonds.
2. Can I substitute lemon juice with bottled lemon juice?
While it is recommended to use fresh lemon juice in the Almond Cake recipe for the best flavour, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute if fresh lemons are not available. Just ensure it is pure lemon juice without added sugars or preservatives.
3. How do I prevent the Almond Cake from sticking to the pan?
To prevent sticking, it's important to properly grease and flour the cake pan before pouring in the batter. You can even line the pan’s bottom with parchment paper to ensure easy removal.
4. How long can I store the Almond Cake with lemon icing?
The Almond Cake with lemon icing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four to five days. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavour may gradually change over time.