Lauki Halwa Recipe
It's rare to have vegetables that can take lead roles in desserts, amazingly lauki (also called doodhi or ghiya) is one of them! While this delicious halwa is most had during the Navratris fast, this recipe is so simple that you'll love making this any time of the year!
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Cooking - 15 Min
Ingredients for Lauki Halwa
- 1/2 tin (200 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/2 Nestlé Everyday Ghee
- 1 cup (150 ml) Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 5 Chopped Kaju (Cashewnuts)
- 1 tbsp Kishmish (Raisins)
- 5 Chopped Badam (Almonds)
- 4 cups Finely grated Lauki (Doodhi)
- 1/4 tsp Green Food Colour (Optional)
- 1 tsp Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
How to make Lauki Halwa
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts, raisins and almonds and fry till golden brown. Add the grated lauki and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add milk and cook till the lauki is soft, mix in the green colour and stir well.
- Add Nestlé MILKMAID and stir continuously till the mixture is thick. Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.