Thandai Ice cream Recipe
There’s a reason why Thandai is a summer favourite. It is a refreshing and cooling drink, which makes it perfect for hot summer days. The blend of nuts, seeds, and spices in Thandai helps to lower body temperature and hydrate the body, making it an ideal drink to beat the heat.
Now, imagine enjoying this delicious treat as an ice cream. Yes, this is possible and that too at home.
It has a one-of-a-kind flavour that you won't find in any other type of ice cream. It's sweet and creamy like regular ice cream, but it also has this spicy, nutty, and floral taste from the Thandai blend. The mix of cardamom, fennel, black pepper, saffron, and nuts like almonds, pistachios, and cashews gives it a unique earthy and nutty flavour.
Adding rose water and kewra water adds a subtle floral aroma. Overall, it's a perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and nutty flavours you don't want to miss out on.
On the whole, Thandai Ice Cream is a delicious and perfect dessert for those who enjoy exploring new flavours.
You can make this a part of your Holi party menu or simply whip up a batch for movie night. Its flavours will surely make your party more delightful. Either way, you can relish this heavenly dessert whenever.
The traditional Thandai Ice Cream recipe takes up to an hour or more but is quick when made using condensed milk. You can now try this simple Thandai Ice Cream recipe at home with Nestlé MILKMAID. It requires only a few easily available ingredients.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Chilling - 360 Min
Ingredients for Thandai Ice cream
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 3 Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 5 Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 7-8 Saffron strands
- 200 ml Fresh Cream
- 8-10 Rose petals
How to make Thandai Ice cream
- Step 1 To make thandai powder coarsely grind together peppercorns, fennel seeds, almonds, poppy seeds, cardamom powder and saffron.
- Step 2 Whip the cream in a bowl until thick and fluffy. Add Nestle MILKMAID, thandai powder and rose petals to it and mix well.
- Step 3 Pour into an air-tight container and set it in the freezer till half set. Remove and whisk again until smooth. Doing so will help keep the texture of the ice cream soft and creamy while it sets. Return to freezer and set completely. Serve chilled
Tips to make Thandai Ice Cream
- Before freezing, make sure the ice cream mixture has been chilled in the fridge.
- Churn your ice cream once again after it is half set to make it creamier and avoid crystal formation.
FAQs on Thandai Ice Cream
1. Why isn’t my Thandai Ice Cream freezing?
The recipe is crucial for successful ice cream. Excessive ingredients can ruin the texture by lowering the freezing point. Adding unequal amounts of ingredients can make it too soft or hard. Too much of any ingredient can prevent freezing.
Therefore, accurately measure and add ingredients to achieve the perfect texture.
2. How should Thandai Ice Cream be served?
To serve Thandai Ice Cream, scoop it into bowls or cones and sprinkle some of the remaining nuts and rose petals from the recipe on top. If you prefer, you can also add some additional garnishes like chopped almonds, pistachios, or fresh mint leaves to enhance its flavour and presentation. Serve it right away and savour its delicious taste!
3. How can I tell if the ice cream has set?
You can check if the ice cream has set by pressing the top of the ice cream with a spoon. If it is firm and doesn't leave an indentation, it has likely set. If it is still soft and mushy, it needs more time in the freezer.
4. Can I add other flavours to the Thandai Ice Cream recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different flavourings like saffron, cinnamon, or nutmeg to add more depth to the ice cream.
5. Can I adjust the sweetness level in the above Thandai Ice Cream Recipe?
Yes, you can. If you are following our recipe, you can adjust the amount of condensed milk to reduce or increase the sweetness.