Apple Crumble Cake Recipe
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 30 Min
Ingredients for Apple Crumble Cake
Ingredients for Cake Batter:
- 3/4 cup Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/2 cup Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1 cup + 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup Chopped Almonds
Ingredients for Apple Topping:
- 1 cup Chopped Apples
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Chilled Butter
Ingredients for Crumble:
- 1/2 cup Chilled Chopped Butter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chopped Almonds
How to make Apple Crumble Cake
Method of preparation for Crumble:
- Take the chopped butter in a bowl. Add the flour, oats, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder & chopped almonds.
- Mix everything together with a very light hand.
- Put in refrigerator to keep the mixture chilled, before topping on the cake.
Method of preparation for Apple Topping:
- In a bowl mix together the chopped apples with sugar, cinnamon powder & lemon juice.
- Add the butter & mix well.
Method of preparation for Cake Batter:
- Sift the flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Cream the butter, Nestlé MILKMAID & vanilla essence and whisk till it gets fluffy
- Make a batter by mixing the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients alternating with milk.
- Dust the chopped almonds with 1 tsp flour & fold in the batter.
- Pour in a 10" x 7" greased & lined rectangular baking pan.
How to assemble the cake before baking:
- Spoon the apple mixture over the batter & swirl lightly.
- Top with the crumble mix.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for 30-35mins.
- Serve warm with custard/ice cream/whipped cream, whichever way you like!
Recipe you might like