Apple Pie Recipe
What’s more comforting than a classic apple pie? There’s nothing like a homemade apple pie available at any time of the year. Be it a holiday or a weekend, an apple pie not only leaves children drooling, but gets the adults excited too. A mandatory dish to be prepared in the holidays, all you need for this dessert are flavoursome apples and an easy apple pie recipe at your disposal. Baked with a filling of fresh apples along with the goodness of spices this apple pie recipe is a favourite among all. Learn how to make apple pie and light up your holidays. If you want to add that milky smoothness to your apple pie, don’t forget to add the Nestlé Milkmaid Sweetened Condensed Milk. Get apples that are best suited for a pie and your holidays will be merrier than ever!
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 30 min
- Cooking - 45 min
Ingredients for Apple Pie
How to make Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 180⁰ C. Lightly grease a 8” loose bottom pie dish and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl place the maida with salt. Rub in the butter into the flour with finger tips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the cold water little by little and gather the four into dough. Wrap in a cling film and keep in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and place on floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into a circle 2” wider than the pie dish. Keep aside the extra dough.
- Place the dough carefully over the pie dish and press it into the pan, covering the sides. Trim the edges so it covers the rim of the dish.
- Prick with a fork the bottom and sides. Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes till the pie crust is lightly brown. Take out from the oven.
- Place the apple slices on a bowl, sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and lime juice and maida. Mix well.
- Spread apples in the pie crust, pour NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk over the apples. Dot with half of the butter
- Roll out the rest of the dough into ¼ thick sheet. Cut into strips. Place the strips like a inter woven lattice over the apple layer. Brush with rest of butter and bake in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes till the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool and carefully take out from the pie dish onto a serving plate. Slice and serve