Apple Pie Recipe
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 30 minutes Min
- Cooking - 45 Min
Ingredients for Apple Pie
For Pie Crust
- ½ tin (200 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 2 ½ cup (250 gms) Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 gms Butter
- ¼ cup (approx) Cold Water
- 4 cups Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Butter
How to make Apple Pie
HOW TO MAKE PIE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 180⁰ C. Lightly grease an 8” loose bottom pie dish and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, place maida with salt. Rub in the butter into the flour with fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add cold water little by little and gather the flour into a dough. Wrap in a cling film and keep in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and place on a floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into a circle 2” wider than the pie dish. Keep aside the extra dough.
- Place this dough carefully over the pie dish and press it into the pan, covering the sides. Trim the edges so it covers the rim of the dish.
- Prick with a fork at the bottom and on the sides. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes till the pie crust is lightly brown. Take out from the oven.
HOW TO MAKE THE FIILLING
- Now place apple slices in a bowl, sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and lime juice, and 1 tbsp maida. Mix well.
- Spread apples in the pie crust, pour NESTLÉ MILKMAID over the apples. Dot with half of the butter
- Roll out the rest of the dough into ¼ thick sheet. Cut into strips. Place the strips, like interwoven lattice, over the apple layer. Brush with the rest of the butter and bake in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes till top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and carefully take out from the pie dish onto a serving plate. Slice and serve
Recipe you might like