Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 45 Min
- 1 tin (400gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
- 6Pineapple Slices
- 5-6 tbspSugar
- 200 gmsMaida (All Purpose Flour)
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 tspBaking Soda
- 100 gmsButter
- 1/2 tspPineapple Essence
- 1 cup (150 ml)Aerated Soda
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Preheat an oven to 180° C. Grease an 8" baking tin. Arrange the pineapple slice at the base.
- Heat sugar in a pan until it melts and becomes brown. Pour this hot caramel over the pineapple slices and keep aside.
- Melt butter, cool slightly. Add the Nestlé MILKMAID and beat well. Now add the essence. Sieve together maida, baking powder and baking soda. Add some of the maida mixture to the MILKMAID mixture and then add some aerated soda and mix well. Repeat, alternatively maida and aerated soda until both are used up.
- Pour the batter over pineapple slices in the cake tin and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or till cake is done.
- Remove from oven, loosen the sides of cake using a knife and immediately transfer onto a plate. Serve!
Recipe you might like