Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Upside down cakes are always glamorous, since you can see the fruity goodness showing off on the top. This one is a classic and must-bake in pineapple season. Tart and sweet, light yet satisfying; try one now and you’ll know what we’re talking about. P.S: Serve with a scoop of our Classic vanilla ice-cream for a soulful dessert experience.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 15 min
- Baking - 45 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ tspYellow Food Colour (optional)
- 5-6 tbspSugar for caramelisation
- 200 gMaida (Flour)
- 100 gButter
- 6Pineapple Slices
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 tspSoda Bicarbonate
- 1/2 tspPineapple Essence
- 1 cup (150 ml)-Aerated Soda
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease an 8" diameter cake tin. Arrange the pineapple slices at the base. Heat sugar in a pan till it melts and becomes brown. Pour this hot caramel over the pineapple slices and keep aside.
- Melt butter, cool slightly. Add the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat well, add the essence. Sieve together maida, baking powder and soda bicarbonate. Add some maida to the NESTLÉ MILKMAID mixture and then add some aerated soda and mix well. Repeat, alternatively maida and aerated soda till both are used up.
- Pour batter over pineapple slices in the cake tin and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or till cake is done. Remove from oven, loosen the sides of cake using a knife and immediately turn onto a plate.