Ginger Bread Cake Recipe
This cake, light but aromatic is a long standing Christmas favourite. The spicy fragrance of the ginger is enough on its own to draw the whole family into the kitchen waiting for you to serve the first slice. But seriously, take our advice and don't wait till Christmas to try this out.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 25 min
- Baking - 45 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 250gMaida (Flour)
- 3 tbspSugar
- 1/2 cup (75 ml)Hot Water
- 1-1/2 tspSoda Bicarbonate
- 2 tspFresh Ginger Paste
- Pre heat the oven to 1800C. Grease and dust a loaf tin. Heat the sugar in a pan till it melts. Continue heating on medium flame till it turns brown. Remove from fire and slowly add the hot water. Mix well, return to flame and bring to a boil. Remove from fire, cool and keep aside.
- Sift maida and soda bicarbonate together. In a bowl beat the butter for 5 mins, add eggs one at a time and continue to beat for 5 minutes. Next add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, ginger paste and caramel syrup and mix well. Fold in maida with minimum handling.
- Pour into greased loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or till done. Remove from the tin; allow to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve hot with honey.