Ginger Bread Recipe
This light but aromatic cake is a long standing Christmas favourite. The spicy fragrance of ginger is enough on its own to draw the whole family into the kitchen waiting for you to serve the first slice. But seriously, take our advice and don't wait till Christmas to try this out.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 25 Min
- Baking - 45 Min
- 1 tin (400 gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
- 3 tbspSugar
- 1/2 cup (75 ml)Hot Water
- 250 gmsMaida (All Purpose Flour)
- 1-1/2 tspBaking Soda
- 100 gmsButter
- 2 tspFresh Ginger Paste
How to make Ginger Bread
- Pre heat an oven to 180oC. Grease a loaf tin and dust it.
- Heat the sugar in a pan until it melts. Continue heating on medium flame until it turns brown. Remove from flame and slowly add the hot water. Mix well, return to flame and bring to a boil. Remove from flame, cool and keep aside.
- Sieve maida and baking soda together. In a bowl, beat butter for 5 minutes, add eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat for 5 minutes. Then add Nestlé MILKMAID, ginger paste, caramel syrup and mix well. Fold in the maida & soda mixture.
- Pour the batter into greased loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or till done. Remove from the tin; allow it to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve hot with honey.