Ginger Bread Cake Recipe
If one has to list festive cakes, then Gingerbread cake will be the cake that tops the list. Gingerbread cake has the ability to make everyone drop what they're doing and come running straight towards them. The spicy aroma of this cake can make everybody fight for the first slice. As the name suggests, the Gingerbread cake has the spiciness of ginger embedded beautifully into the texture of a cake. This cake is everyone’s holiday favourite as it is extremely easy to make. This Gingerbread cake recipe uses Nestlé Milkmaid Sweetened Condensed Milk, Ginger paste, butter, maida and eggs. If you know how to make Gingerbread cake, then the chances are high that your home will be seeing guests throughout the year, regardless of what day it is. Follow the easy Gingerbread cake recipe and celebrate Christmas at any time of the year.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 25 min
- Baking - 45 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 250gMaida (Flour)
- 3 tbspSugar
- 1/2 cup (75 ml)Hot Water
- 1-1/2 tspSoda Bicarbonate
- 2 tspFresh Ginger Paste
- Pre heat the oven to 1800C. Grease and dust a loaf tin. Heat the sugar in a pan till it melts. Continue heating on medium flame till it turns brown. Remove from fire and slowly add the hot water. Mix well, return to flame and bring to a boil. Remove from fire, cool and keep aside.
- Sift maida and soda bicarbonate together. In a bowl beat the butter for 5 mins, add eggs one at a time and continue to beat for 5 minutes. Next add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, ginger paste and caramel syrup and mix well. Fold in maida with minimum handling.
- Pour into greased loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or till done. Remove from the tin; allow to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve hot with honey.