Apple Pie Recipe
Holidays are incomplete without the classic apple pie! But with this simple and easy apple pie recipe, you can now make apple pie whenever you like. Baked with the filling of fresh apples and fragrant spices you will have as much fun making this apple pie recipe from scratch as eating it. With the goodness of ingredients such as fresh apples, spices, and buttery flavor wrapped in your love, every bite of this apple pie will make your friends and family feel special.
Not a fan of eggs? Try this eggless apple pie recipe and surprise your friends and family with a homemade apple crust pie.
Not sure how to make apple pie at home? This is the best apple pie recipe you could try.
With every step neatly described, you can make the delicious apple crust pie and serve the delightful pie as a dessert at the potluck party or during holidays.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 30 min
- Cooking - 45 min
- ½ tin (200g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 ½ cup (250 g)Maida ( Flour)
- 1 tbspMaida
- 4 cupsApples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tspSugar
- ½ tspSalt
- ¼ cup ( approx)Cold Water
- 2 tspBrown sugar
- 1 tspCinnamon Powder
- 1 tbspLime juice
- 2 tbspButter
- Preheat oven to 180⁰ C. Lightly grease a 8” loose bottom pie dish and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl place the maida with salt. Rub in the butter into the flour with finger tips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the cold water little by little and gather the four into dough. Wrap in a cling film and keep in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and place on floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into a circle 2” wider than the pie dish. Keep aside the extra dough.
- Place the dough carefully over the pie dish and press it into the pan, covering the sides. Trim the edges so it covers the rim of the dish.
- Prick with a fork the bottom and sides. Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes till the pie crust is lightly brown. Take out from the oven.
- Place the apple slices on a bowl, sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and lime juice and maida. Mix well.
- Spread apples in the pie crust, pour NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk over the apples. Dot with half of the butter
- Roll out the rest of the dough into ¼ thick sheet. Cut into strips. Place the strips like a inter woven lattice over the apple layer. Brush with rest of butter and bake in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes till the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool and carefully take out from the pie dish onto a serving plate. Slice and serve