Black forest Cake Recipe
Amongst the most popular birthday cakes in India, this cake is favorite amongst kids. This cake looks incredibly gorgeous and isn't half as difficult to make at home. On your kid's birthday this year, be a star mom and make this cake at home. Believe us, this will be way better than store bought cake.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 35 min
- Cooking - 60 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tspVanilla Essence
- 1 tspSoda Bicarbonate
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 3-4 heaped tbsp (25g)Cocoa Powder
- 75g (1¾ cup)Maida (Flour)
- 50gMilk Chocolate
- 200mlAerated Soda
- 200gFresh Cream
- 1 small tinTinned Cherries
- 2 tspIcing Sugar / Powdered Sugar
- Grease an 8” diameter baking tin and dust it with flour. Pre heat the oven to 1800 C. Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate. Soften butter (DO NOT MELT), add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat well. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up. Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack or plate and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
- Drain & destone cherries, soak both cake halves with cherry syrup. Whip cream and sugar till light and fluffy, Sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries. Top with whipped cream and cherries, sprinkle generously with grated chocolate. Chill and serve.