Chana Dal Barfi Recipe
This delicious Indian barfi is made from Bengal gram, Nestlé Everyday Shahi Ghee, and desiccated coconut. It is ready in 3 simple steps and under 30 minutes so you can prepare it when your palate desires a quintessential Indian dessert. It stores well for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Cooking - 30 Min
Ingredients for Chana Dal Barfi
- 1/2 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 6 cups Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1 cup Nestlé Everyday Shahi Ghee
- 200 gms Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1 litre Water
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 20 Chopped Badam (Almonds)
- 4 tbsp Chopped Pista
- 2 tsp Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
How to make Chana Dal Barfi
- Step 1: Soak the chana dal in water and keep aside for 2-3 hours. Strain off the water & cook the dal in 4 cups of milk till soft, keep aside to cool. Grind the dal to a coarse paste.
- Step 2: Heat ghee in a karahi, add the dal paste and fry stirring continuously till the mixture is light brown. Add the Nestlé MILKMAID and blend into the mixture, then add the remaining milk and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the karahi.
- Step 3: Add the desiccated coconut, almonds, pista and elaichi powder and mix well. Remove from flame and spread in a greased thali. Cool and slice into the desired shape.