Shahi Tukre Recipe
The humble bread takes on a royal avatar with this incredibly delicious recipe that is sure to sweeten your Diwali celebrations with ease. If the idea of fried bread makes you think of the weighing scale, don’t worry, opt for the guilt-free version by toasting the bread instead, and enjoy!
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Chilling - 30 Min
Ingredients for Shahi Tukre
- 1/2 tin (200 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1 tbsp Nestlé Everyday Ghee
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 175 gms Sugar
- 8 slices Bread
- 1 tbsp Mixed Dried Fruits
How to make Shahi Tukre
- Make a paste of corn flour with 2-3 tbsp milk and keep it aside.
- Mix Nestlé MILKMAID with the rest of the milk and bring to a boil. Now, add the corn flour paste. Keep stirring constantly till the mixture thickens. Add elaichi powder to this mixture.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling water and sugar together. Strain and keep it aside. Cut the bread slices into two and deep fry in ghee until golden brown. Immediately put the fried bread into the sugar syrup. Dip for a few seconds, so that the bread slice remain crisp.
- Arrange all the bread slices in a serving dish and top each slice with 1 tbsp mixture of Nestlé MILKMAID (prepared in step 2). Garnish with nuts.