Double Ka Meetha Recipe
Double Ka Meetha is a scrumptious Hyderabadi version of Shahi Tukde, a traditional dessert for Ramadan. Its authentic version is what people crave the most and want to know how to make Double Ka Meetha at home. We bring you an easy way to prepare this Double Ka Meetha with our recipe. Made with fried bread soaked in sweetened milk and topped with dry fruits, our Double Ka Meetha recipe will leave you craving for more. Try it as a dessert for Ramadan or Diwali or any other festival, and it will add sweetness your day.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 15 min
- Cooking - 20 min
- ½ cupNESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-1/2 cupsMilk
- 4Bread Slices
- 2 tbspBadam (Almonds) Chopped
- 2 tbspKaju (Cashewnuts) Chopped
- 2 tbspKishmish (Raisins)
- 1 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- for fryingMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- Few strandsKesar (Saffron)
- Mix together NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and milk. Trim the edges of bread slices and cut diagonally into 4 pieces.
- Spread out to dry for 10 minutes. Heat ghee and deep fry the bread pieces till golden brown, remove and spread in a shallow dish
- Deep fry the almonds, cashew nuts and raisins and spread them over the bread pieces. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and sprinkle the cardamom powder and saffron. Microwave for 2 minutes till the milk is well absorbed.
Serve hot or cold.
NOTE: It is better to use one day old bread than fresh bread as it will absorb less ghee while frying.