Kesar Shrikhand Recipe
Most occasions are incomplete without a decadent dessert spread, which adds to the happiness quotient of festivals. A Kesar Shrikhand is a dessert loved by all age groups. Made with a curd base, this traditional sweetened and saffron-flavoured yoghurt brings in a lot of smiles around the dinner table. This Kesar Shrikhand from Maharashtra is also the perfect way to chill in the heat. You can make a Kesar Shrikhand at home with this Kesar Shrikhand recipe. Learn how to make Kesar Shrikhand with Nestlé MILKMAID. You can also personalise this recipe by adding dry fruits of your liking, like pistachios and turning this Shrikhand containing Kesar into a Kesar Pista Shrikhand. Try out the recipe of Shrikhand made with Kesar (and some Pista too; we highly recommend it) today!
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 30 Min
- Chilling - 30 Min
- 1/2 tin (200 gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
- 500 gmsNestlé a+ Nourish Dahi
- 10-15Kesar strands (Saffron)
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 2-3 tbspFinely Chopped Mixed Dried Fruits (optional)
How to make Kesar Shrikhand
- Put dahi in a muslin cloth and hang for 30 minutes or keep in a strainer with fine mesh. Press to make sure that excess water is removed. Pass the hung dahi through strainer to get smooth thick dahi without lumps.
- Soak the saffron strands in 1 tbsp water. In a bowl mix dahi, Nestlé MILKMAID, soaked saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour before serving. Serve decorated with nuts.