Kesar Shrikhand Recipe
This sweet treat from the sweethearts of Maharashtra is one of the most sureshot ways to chill in the heat. Made with a curd base, this traditional sweetened and saffron flavoured yoghurt is sure to bring in lot of smiles around the dinner table.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 30 min
- Chilling - 30 min
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 500 gmDahi (Curd)
- 10-15 strandsKesar (Saffron)
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 2-3 tbspchopped finely Mixed Dried Fruits (optional)
- Put the dahi in a muslin cloth and allow to hang for 30 minutes or keep in a strainer with fine mesh. Press to make sure that excess water is removed.Soak the saffron strands in 1 tbsp water.
- Pass the hung dahi through strainer to get smooth thick dahi without lumps. In a bowl mix together the dahi, NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, soaked saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Place in refrigerator for an hour before serving / decorate with nuts.