Ada Pradhaman Recipe
There are several pradhaman (kheer) recipes in the rich cuisine of Kerala, but this one sure is the queen of them all. Made from MILKMAID Pure Ghee, flakes of cooked rice, milk, and sugar, it typically takes ages to prepare, however this simple, convenient recipe, will ensure that you enjoy the same great taste in a matter of minutes.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 20 min
- Cooking - 20 min
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tbspMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 3 cups (450 ml)Milk
- 1 cup (150 ml)Water
- 1/2 cupAda
- 3 tbspKishmish (Raisins)
- 3 tbspKaju (Cashewnuts) chopped
- Put ada in 2 to 3 cups of boiling water (after removing from flame), keep covered for 15 minutes and drain water completely. Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry the ada to a light pink colour.
- Boil milk and water in a thick bottom pan, add the cooked ada and reduce heat to low while stirring gently. Keep stirring and and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir well. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from flame and serve garnished with raisins and cashewnuts.