Vermicelli Custard RecipeVermicelli Custard is a delectable, creamy, and flavourful Indian fusion delicacy that combines vermicelli (Seviyan) with fruit custard. With each spoon of our Vermicelli Custard, you'll get a Vermicelli pudding with the consistency of custard and the melt-in-your-mouth aromatic flavours of Indian Kheer, as well as the freshness of different fruits. The traditional method of making Vermicelli Custard takes up to an hour or more but is quick when using condensed milk. You can now make this simple Vermicelli Custard recipe at home as a Diwali treat because it only requires a few ingredients. Learn how to make Vermicelli Custard at home using Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 15 Min
- ½ tinNestlé MILKMAID
- 1 ltrNestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- ½ tspEveryday Ghee
- 2 tbspChopped Dry fruits
- 100 gmsThin seviya/semiya
- 2 tbsp Custard Powder
- 1 cupFruits
How to make Vermicelli Custard
- Roasts chopped dry fruits in 1/2 tsp ghee for 2 mins. Add ½ cup thin semiya/seviya and roast for another 2-3 mins. Keep it aside, once done
- Boil the milk and add roasted semiya/seviya & dry fruits mixture to it. Cook on low-medium flame for 2-3 mins. Now add MILKMAID and mix well.
- Mix 2 tbsp custard powder in a bowl with ½ cup milk. Add this custard milk in batches to the seviyan prepared above. Cook for 3-4 mins or until it turns thick. Turn off the flame and transfer in a bowl. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
Pour in a serving bowl/glasses and garnish with some dry fruits, fresh fruits and semiya/seviya.
Tips on how to make Vermicelli Custard
- Always use cold or room temperature milk to dilute custard powder. If you use hot milk, it will get lumpy.
- If your custard appears to be dry after cooling it in the fridge, add about 2-3 tablespoons chilled milk and mix well.
- What fruits can be added to Vermicelli Custard?
You can use any seasonal fruits and berries, such as pears, bananas, apples, mangoes, grapes, kiwi, and pomegranate arils, strawberries, papaya, raspberries, blueberries, chikoo, and cherries.
- How to serve Vermicelli Custard?
To serve Vermicelli Custard, add some of your favourite fruits to the serving dish before filling it up with Vermicelli Custard. Finally, top with additional fruits, such as dry fruits, glazed cherries, and candied fruits.