Sheer Khurma Recipe
Celebrate Eid in a grand way with the royal Sheer Qorma! This aromatic silken pudding finds its origins with the Mughals and in Urdu translates to ‘sweetened milk with dried dates and MILKMAID Pure Ghee’. Re-create this simple and authentic recipe at home and celebrate good times with family and friends.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 10 min
- Cooking - 20 min
- 10Cashew nuts
- 4 tbspMILKMAID Ghee
- 50gThin Vermicelli
- 5Seedless Dates (sliced)
- 10Almonds (blanched and sliced)
- 10Pistachios (blanched and sliced)
- 2 tbspChironji (blanched)
- 1 tbspMelon Seeds
- 5 cup (750 ml)Milk
- 1/2 tin (200g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heat half the MILKMAID Ghee in a kadai and fry the vermicelli till brown; keep aside.
- In a pan, heat milk to boil, add the vermicelli and simmer till it is cooked. Add MILKMAID and dates and mix well. Heat well to get a thick mixture and transfer into a bowl.
- Heat remaining MILKMAID ghee in a pan; add the nuts and melon seeds, when they turn golden brown, add raisins. Pour this over the vermicelli mixture and serve warm.