Sheer Kurma Recipe
Celebrate Eid in a grand way with the royal Sheer Qorma! This aromatic silken pudding finds its origins with the Mughals and in Urdu translates to ‘sweetened milk with dried dates’. Re-create this simple and authentic recipe at home and celebrate good times with family and friends.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 20 Min
- 1/2 tin (200gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
- 4 tbspNestlé Everyday Ghee
- 5 cupsNestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1/3 cupThin Vermicelli
- 5Seedless Dates (sliced)
- 10Blanched and Sliced Badam (Almonds)
- 10Kajus (Cashewnuts)
- 10Blanched and Sliced Pistachios
- 2 tbspBlanched Chironji
- 1 tbspMelon Seeds
- 10Kishmish (Raisins)
How to make Sheer Kurma
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Ghee and fry the vermicelli until brown. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, bring milk to boil and add the vermicelli. Simmer until the vermicelli is soft & cooked. Now, add Nestlé MILKMAID, dates and mix it well. Heat this mixture until it thickens. Now transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- Heat remaining ghee (2 tbsp) in a pan and add almonds, cashewnuts, pistachios, chironji and melon seeds. Once the nuts & seeds turn brown, add raisins. Add this over the vermicelli mixture and serve warm.