Chana Dal Burfi Recipe
Chana Barfi or Burfi is a sweet Indian dessert made from Chana Dal or Bengal Gram. The Chana Dal Burfi is made from a paste of soaked Chana dal, pure ghee, and desiccated coconut, with the addition of a few dry fruits. A comfort food, the Chana Barfi invokes the sweet memories of childhood when the dish used to be a tempting treat. Apart from being delectable, the Chana Barfi is a healthy alternative to other desserts that are rich in calories. In the mood for this sweet delight? Do not rush to the store; instead, follow this easy Chana dal burfi recipe. What is more, you can make the Chana Dal barfi in your kitchen with ingredients found at home and that too in a matter of minutes. This recipe by Milkmaid will teach you to how to make chana dal burfi so that you can delight your guests and your family with this heavenly treat.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 15 min
- Cooking - 30 min
- 1/2 cup(100g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups (450ml)Milk
- 100gChana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/2 cupDesiccated Coconut
- 10 ChoppedBadam (Almonds)
- 2 tbsp ChoppedPista
- 1/2 cupMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 1 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- Soak the chana dal in the water and keep aside for 2-3 hrs. Strain off the water & cook the dal in 2 cups of milk till soft, keep aside to cool. Grind the dal to a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in a karahi, add the dal paste and fry stirring continuously till the mixture is light brown. Add the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and blend into the mixture, then add the remaining milk and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the karahi.
- Add the desiccated coconut, almonds, pista and elaichi powder and mix well. Remove from fire and spread in a greased thali. Cool and slice into desired shape.