Lauki Halwa Recipe
Lauki is a regular in kitchens. Often had as a curry or a savoury snack, the bottle guard also makes for an excellent dessert when used to make Lauki ka halwa. Also known as dudhi halwa, it is a staple in Indian households during Navratra and is synonymous with festivals and celebrations. The Lauki ka halwa is also a childhood favorite of many. Prepared from grated bottle guard, thickened milk and sugar, the Lauki ka halwa can be served warm or cold. There is no better end to a meal than a bowl of Lauki ka halwa topped with dollops of ghee, garnished with dry fruits. The dudhi halwa recipe is easy to follow and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. So, if you are wondering how to make Lauki ka halwa, we have just the perfect recipe for you. This Lauki Halwa recipe uses MILKMAID Condensed Milk instead of Khoya, which makes the dudhi halwa even easier to prepare.
- Servings - 4
- Preparation - 15 min
- Cooking - 15 min
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2MILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 1 cup (150 ml)Milk
- 5Kaju (Cashewnuts) chopped
- 1 tbspKishmish (Raisins)
- 5Badam (Almonds) chopped
- 4 cupsLauki (Doodhi) (Sweet Gourd) finely grated
- 1/4 tspGreen Food Colour (Optional)
- 1 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- Heat the ghee in a karahi, add the cashew nuts, raisins and almonds and fry till golden brown. Add the grated lauki and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the milk and cook till the lauki is soft, mix in the green colour and stir well.
- Add the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir continuously till the mixture is thick. Sprinkle the cardamom powder, mix well and remove from fire. Serve hot.