Malpua With Rabri Recipe
This is an Indian sweet-lover’s delight. Surprisingly easy to make, the golden Malpuas are served with a topping of creamy chilled rabri, coming together to create an absolutely indulgent creation that’s impossible to stop eating.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 20 min
- Cooking - 40 min
- 50gMaida (for malpua)
- 1 cup (150 ml)Water (For Malpua)
- 1 pinchBaking Powder (For Malpua)
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder (For Rabri)
- 2 tbspchopped Mixed Dried Fruits (For Rabri)
- 50 gmPaneer (For Malpua)
- for shallow fryingOil (For Malpua)
- 1-1/2 cupsSugar (For Sugar Syrup)
- 2 cups (300 ml)Water (For Sugar Syrup)
- 1/4 tin (100g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk (for Rabri)
- 1/2 tin (200g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk (for Malpua)
- 100gPaneer (for Rabri)
- 1 cup (150 ml)Milk (for Rabri)
- 1 tbspMaida (Flour) (For Rabri)
- 100gSooji (For malpua)
- Crumble paneer coarsely. Make a paste of maida with 3 to 4 tbsp. milk. Combine NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and the rest of milk and bring to a boil.
- Add maida paste to milk stirring continuously. Reduce flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped nuts, paneer and elaichi powder. Remove from fire. Cool and refrigerate.
- Put sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Combine NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, sooji, maida, water and baking powder. Mix well and leave for 10-15 mins. Crumble paneer very finely – till smooth and add to the above mixture. Beat well.
- Heat oil in a flat frying pan (for shallow frying – only 1 to 2 mm layer of oil). Pour 1 small ladle of batter to make a small, flat malpua about 2-1/2”- 3” in diameter. Fry till both sides get evenly browned.
- Remove and soak in syrup for ½ minute. Remove from syrup. Arrange on a shallow plate. Top with rabri and nuts and serve hot.