A dessert not many make at home, Kalakand is a sweet that has a distinct blend of flavours. Made with paneer, condensed milk, dry fruits, and flavoured with cardamom, this dessert is a piece of heaven served on a plate. If you go by the traditional Kalakand recipe, it can take you hours to make this dessert. But, with this recipe by Milkmaid, you can learn how to prepare Kalakand in just 25 minutes. The Kalakand recipe by Milkmaid helps bring out the inherent sweetness of the paneer. With this Kalakand recipe, you also get to add a touch of your own creativity while cooking. Add dried fruits or a pinch of salt to fill this dessert with more flavours and zing. You can also serve this dessert with a garnish of silver leaf and crushed pistachios.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 10 minutes
- Cooking - 10 minutes
- 1 tinMILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2, heaped tablespoonsEveryDay Dairy Whitener
- 500 gmsPaneer
- 1 teaspoonElaichi Powder
- Mash paneer coarsely and mix in MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and milk powder.
- Heat the mixture in a thick bottom pan. Cook on medium heat with constant stirring till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and spread onto a greased plate and sprinkle the elaichi powder. Cool and cut into squares.