Makhana Kheer Recipe
Kheer is an all-time favourite sweet indulgence, not only because it is very easy to make, but also, because of its thick, smooth, and rich taste. Made from puffed lotus seeds, this Makhana Kheer or Makhana Ki Kheer is often made in North India during Navratri. In truth, Makhana Kheer is a delicious dessert which can be served on any occasion. Makhana Kheer is wonderfully light and very easy to prepare. This Makhana Kheer recipe is brought to you by Nestlé MILKMAID. This recipe of Makhana Ki Kheer is the best as it isn’t daunting and uses minimal ingredients to bring out authentic taste and texture in this dessert. Roast the makhanas in ½ a teaspoon of Everyday Shahi Ghee before making the Makhana ki Kheer for a lovely crunchy texture in each spoonful.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 5 minutes
- Cooking - 15 minutes
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tspMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 3 cups (30 gm)Makhana
- 1/2 cup (30 gm)Coconut grated
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 5Badam (Almonds) chopped
- 6 cupsMilk
- 8-10Kishmish (Raisins)
- Fry makhana in ½ tsp of ghee and crush coarsely. In a pan mix crushed makhana and milk and simmer on slow fire for 5-10 mins. Add grated coconut and continue to cook for another few minutes with frequent stirring, till creamy and little thick.
- Add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and cook for another 5 mins , till the desired consistency.
- Add green cardamom powder, remove from fire. Serve hot or cold garnished with shredded almonds and raisins.