Makhana Kheer Recipe
Made from puffed lotus seeds, this kheer is often made in North India during Navratris. It’s wonderfully light and very easy to prepare. Roast the makhanas in ½ a teaspoon of MILKMAID Pure Ghee before making the kheer for a lovely crunchy texture in eac
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 5 min
- Cooking - 15 min
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tspMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 3 cups (30 gm)Makhana
- 1/2 cup (30 gm)Coconut grated
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 5Badam (Almonds) chopped
- 6 cupsMilk
- 8-10Kishmish (Raisins)
- Fry makhana in ½ tsp of ghee and crush coarsely. In a pan mix crushed makhana and milk and simmer on slow fire for 5-10 mins. Add grated coconut and continue to cook for another few minutes with frequent stirring, till creamy and little thick.
- Add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and cook for another 5 mins , till the desired consistency.
- Add green cardamom powder, remove from fire. Serve hot or cold garnished with shredded almonds and raisins.