Phirni is a traditional North Indian dessert that needs no introduction. This Phirni is mildly sweet and extremely delicate in its texture and flavour. Light, creamy and sweet, this chilled rice pudding flavoured with rose water is the perfect accompaniment for a hot summer day or after a spicy meal. This recipe will show you how to make Phirni with Nestle MILKMAID. The recipe also includes rose petals that beautifully bring out the colours of this dish. This easy Phirni recipe can be prepared in less than an hour, making it the perfect dessert for those spontaneous sweet cravings. Once you learn how to make Phirni with this recipe, you can also try out variations by adding different flavours to it.
P.S: Top this Phirni with chopped up nuts for added indulgence. You can even add saffron (kesar) too.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 40 min
- Cooking - 15 min
- 1 tinNESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups (450 ml)-Milk
- 100 gmRice
- 1 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- fewRose Petals
- 1 tspRose Water
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain water and grind to a fine paste.
- Add milk to paste and heat together, stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and remove from fire.
- Add elaichi powder and rose water. Leave to cool and set in a refrigerator. Serve garnished with rose petals.