Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer Recipe
- 1 LiterNestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 3 to 4 TbspNestlé EveryDay Shahi Ghee
- 20gChironji Seeds/Cudappa Almond
- 20 NosRoasted Cashew Nuts
How to make Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer
- Step 1 Add sweetcorn to boiling water and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Grind this blanched sweetcorn to a paste, that is 90% done. Don’t make the paste too fine.
- Step 3 Add 1 tsp. of ghee to pan and roast chironji seeds for a minute. Roasting them adds crunchy texture to the dish.
- Step 4 Add another tsp. of ghee to a pan and add ground sweetcorn paste to it and saute for a couple of minutes till it turns aromatic and the raw smell goes.
- Step 5 In another pan, add milk (1 litre), boil it while stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Step 6 Add ground sweetcorn paste to milk, cook for 5 to 8 minutes. By this time, the sweetcorn should have mixed well with milk. Stir continuously.
- Step 7 Add Nestlé MILKMAID to give a creamy texture and a signature taste to the payasam.
- Step 8 Cook it for 5 minutes and top it with some cardamom powder, roasted chironji seeds, roasted cashews and raisins. Enjoy this warm payasam on festive days or otherwise!
- All recipes
- Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer
All Indian Sweets
Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer