Mishti Doi Recipe
In Bengali, Mishti denotes Sweet, while ‘Doi’ means curds. These simple ingredients, along with Nestle MILKMAID, are enough to tingle anyone’s tastebuds. This traditional sweet treat hails from the culture-rich land of West Bengal – and is as rich in taste and texture as the land itself. Also, beware, the Mishti Doi comes with the potential to replace your current favourite dessert. Whoever said that only ice-creams make the best chilled-desserts should check out this Mishti Doi recipe. When it comes to easy dessert recipes, this Bengali Mishti Doi recipe is in a league of its own. Have a go at this quick recipe, and you will never have to learn how to make Mishti Doi again. Go ahead and savour the earthy flavour of this delectable fusion of sweet MILKMAID and creamy curd.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 30 min
- Cooking - 25 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cupDahi (Curd)
- 1 pinchElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- Tie curd in a muslin cloth. Hang for 25 to 30 minutes to remove excess water.
- Add NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and elaichi powder. Cover the bowl with foil or grease proof paper.
- Place the bowl in another pan of boiling water and steam for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.Serve chilled.
Quick Tip: Pressure cooker without weight may be used for steaming.