This Bengali take on the French crepe is made from rice flour, MILKMAID Pure Ghee and filled with sweetened coconut and nuts. Most often made during Makar Sankaranti or Poush Sankaranti (Indian Harvest Festival), this delectable combination of a soft crepe and sweet filling, harvests many a delicate flavours. And so easy! Tried it yet?
- Servings - 16
- Preparation - 10 min
- Cooking - 20 min
- 1/2 tin (200 gm)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- For making the paatishaptaMILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 1-1/2 cups (105 gm)Coconut grated
- 10Kaju (Cashewnuts) chopped
- 2 tbspKishmish (Raisins) chopped
- 1 cup (80 gm)Maida (Flour)
- 4 tbsp (60 gm)Rice soaked
- 1 pinchSoda Bicarbonate
- To make a thin batterWater
- Mix NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk, coconut, cashew nuts and raisins and keep aside.Grind the soaked rice to a smooth paste in a mixie, then mix in maida, soda bicarbonate and water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, smear a little ghee, pour a ladle (approx 3 tbsp) of the batter and quickly swirl the pan around to spread evenly.
- When it turns golden brown, place a little of the MILKMAID - coconut mixture at one end and roll over to the other side. Remove from pan and serve hot.