Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
Moong Dal Halwa, a traditional sweet dish from Rajasthan, is a dessert fit for royalty. The Moong Dal ka Halwa has always had a prime spot at the king’s table. Originating from royal kitchens, the Moong Dal Halwa can be the perfect ending to a hearty meal as well as a meal in itself. Inherently warm and heavy, chilly winters call for a bowl of this decadent delight. Doused in ghee and garnished with dry fruits, Moong Dal ka Halwa is royal in every sense. The crushed Moong Dal in the Halwa pairs beautifully with the milk and dry fruits, making for a taste that is nothing short of heavenly! The aroma that wafts through the kitchen, as the Moong Dal ka Halwa cooks, is as inviting as the dessert itself. If you are wondering how to make Moong Dal Halwa, Milkmaid has the answers. And if you are apprehensive about spending hours in the kitchen, here's an instant recipe of Moong Dal ka Halwa which will satisfy your dessert cravings. Follow this simple Moong Dal halwa recipe for a bowl full of desi goodness at home!
- Servings - 15
- Preparation - 35 min
- Cooking - 40 min
- 1 tin (400g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cupNESTLE Ghee
- 3 cups (450 ml)NESTLE a+ Nourish Milk
- 1 cup (150 gms)Moong Dal (dhuli)
- 1/2 tspElaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 2 tbspSlivered Badam (Almonds)
- 2 tbspKishmish (Raisins)
- 2 tbspPistachios (Pista) nuts chopped
- Clean and soak moong dal for 30 minutes, drain and grind to a coarse paste. Heat NESTLE Ghee in a kadai and fry the dal till it turns golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Add NESTLE a+ Nourish Milk and cook on low flame, stirring continuously, till milk dries up. Pour NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and cook, stirring continuously, till the Halwa leaves the sides of pan desired consistency is reached.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, mix well. Transfer to a bowl. Garnish with almonds, raisins and pistachios.