Peda (Malai Peda) Recipe
Malai Pedas are delightful bite-sized treats. They offer a heavenly taste and texture that effortlessly melts in your mouth, leaving behind a sensation of pure creaminess. With their pronounced sweetness and delicate hints of cardamom or saffron, Malai Peda indulges your senses with a subtle yet delightful aroma.
However, it can be disheartening when the ready-made Pedas don't meet your expectations, whether it's due to an overwhelming intensity of cardamom or an excessive sweetness that doesn't align with your taste preferences.
Fret not! We have a solution for you.
With Nestlé MILKMAID (sweetened condensed milk) and our Peda recipe, you can easily make Pedas exactly customized to your choice, with the right balance of flavours and sweetness.
Nestlé MILKMAID effortlessly balances the sweetness and richness of the sweet, elevating it to new heights of creamy deliciousness.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it’ll take just 10 minutes of preparation time and 5 minutes of cooking time, and your scrumptious Peda will be ready. It is highly recommended to properly follow our stepwise Peda recipe to achieve authentic taste and texture.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 5 Min
Ingredients for Peda (Malai Peda)
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- ½ cup (75ml) Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 3 tbsp Everyday Dairy Whitener
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp (optional) Elaichi Powder
How to make Peda (Malai Peda)
- Step 1: Mix together all the ingredients except elaichi powder.
- Step 2: Heat the mixture in a heavy bottom kadai. Cook with constant stirring till thick and the mixture starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
- Step 3: Remove from fire and cool.
- Step 4: Shape into pedas and sprinkle with elaichi powder.
Tips to Peda (Malai Peda)
- To achieve the right consistency and texture, cook the mixture on low heat.
- Use a non-stick or heavy-bottomed pan to prevent the mixture from burning or sticking.
- You can enhance the flavour of the sweet by including aromatic spices like cardamom powder or saffron strands in the Peda recipe.
- Allow the Pedas to cool completely and rest for some time before serving. This helps firm the texture and allow the flavours to meld together.
FAQs on Peda (Malai Peda)
1. How long does it take to make Peda using Nestlé MILKMAID?
With our Peda recipe and Nestlé MILKMAID, it takes around 10 minutes of preparation time and 5 minutes of cooking time to achieve the desired consistency, taste, and texture.
2. Is it necessary to use condensed milk for making Malai Peda?
Yes, condensed milk is a key ingredient in making Malai Peda. Nestlé MILKMAID, sweetened condensed milk, provides the right amount of sweetness and contributes to the desired texture of the Peda.
3. How do I achieve the right texture of Peda?
To achieve the right texture, it's important to measure the ingredients and follow the above Peda recipe properly. Also, cook the mixture on low heat. Stirring continuously and cooking until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan will help you achieve the desired fudgy texture.
4. Can I substitute ghee with butter?
As given in our Peda recipe, ghee is traditionally used in making Peda as it adds a distinct flavour. However, if you don't have ghee, you can use unsalted butter as a substitute. Keep in mind that the flavour may vary slightly.