Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
As the brisk winds sneak in, our hearts yearn for the comforting embrace of Moong Dal Halwa, also known as Moong Dal Ka Halwa. This velvety dessert, featuring moong dal, ghee, milk, cardamom, chopped nuts, and the opulent touch of Nestlé MILKMAID, stands as a timeless winter delight, ensuring a melt-in-your-mouth experience that never disappoints.
About Our Recipe
Eliminate the need for lengthy halwa recipes that leave you uncertain about the result. Our quick Moong Dal Halwa recipe, thanks to the sweet richness of Nestlé MILKMAID, comes together effortlessly, transforming ingredients into a flavourful masterpiece without the extra fuss.
Start by gently roasting moong dal in ghee until it achieves a golden hue. Nestlé MILKMAID, with its velvety sweetness, effortlessly blends with the nutty richness of ghee, while cardamom adds warmth and depth to this delightful sweet dish. As the mixture simmers to perfection, the alluring aroma of halwa fills the air, ensuring a delightful surprise with every bite.
This Moong Dal Halwa recipe pays homage to seasonal joys, the pleasure of simplicity, and the timeless tradition of Indian sweets. Warm up your winter with this delightful creation and let Nestlé MILKMAID elevate your culinary experience.
Discover our complete range of easy halwa recipes, including Gajar ka Halwa, and Pumpkin Halwa. With MILKMAID, rest assured of achieving delightful results in your preparation of these halwa variations.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 45 Min
- Cooking - 60 Min
Ingredients for Moong Dal Halwa
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup Nestlé Everyday Shahi Ghee
- 3 cups Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1 cup (150 gms) Moong Dal (Dhuli)
- 3 tbsp Badam (Almonds) cut into slivers
- 3 tbsp Kishmish (Raisins)
- 3 tbsp Chopped Pistachio
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
How to make Moong Dal Halwa
- Step 1: Clean and soak the moong dal for 30 minutes and grind to a coarse paste. In a pan, heat ghee & fry the dal paste on a low flame until it turns golden brown.
- Step 2: Add Nestlé MILKMAID and cardamom powder, and keep stirring continuously. Continue to cook on a low flame, until the milk dries up. Add Nestlé MILKMAID and keep stirring continuously, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Step 3: Serve garnished with the almonds, raisins, and pistachios.
Tips to Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
- Use yellow moong dal, and make sure to soak it for at least 30 minutes for a creamy texture.
- Don't over-grind the soaked dal. Leave a slight crunch for a delightful texture.
- Be generous with ghee - it adds richness and prevents burning.
- Patience is key. Cook on low heat, stirring the mixture constantly to avoid lumps and browning.
- Add cardamom and chopped nuts to your halwa to make it better. You can even add saffron for extra oomph!
FAQs on Moong Dal ka Halwa Recipe
1. What is Moong Dal ka Halwa made of?
Moong Dal Halwa is a traditional Indian dessert made with moong dal, ghee, MILKMAID, nuts, and aromatic spices. The addition of MILKMAID lends an ideal balance of sweetness and richness to the halwa, ensuring a silky texture and streamlining the cooking process.
2. Why is my Moong Dal Ka Halwa sticky?
Moong Dal Halwa can get sticky for a few reasons:
- Not adding enough ghee
- Not stirring constantly
- Adding too much liquid (water or milk)
Ensure you use enough ghee to prevent sticking and stir continuously during cooking. If your dal paste is too watery, it'll take longer to dry out, resulting in stickiness. Try adding more ghee or cooking it further until it reaches a non-sticky consistency.
3. Is Moong Dal Halwa a suitable choice for the winter season?
Absolutely! Moong Dal Halwa is a perfect winter treat. Bursting with warmth and energy, this dessert, enriched with protein and ghee, provides comfort and satiates cravings in the chilly season.
4. What makes Nestlé MILKMAID an essential ingredient in Moong Dal Halwa's recipe?
Nestlé MILKMAID in the Moong Dal Halwa recipe contributes a rich sweetness and creamy texture, elevating the flavour profile and streamlining the preparation steps.
5. How long can you store Moong Dal Halwa made with MILKMAID?
Prolong the freshness of your Moong Dal Halwa by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Alternatively, for longer preservation, freeze the halwa for several weeks. Ensure to reheat it before serving to savour the best taste.