Mini Kunafa (Knafeh) Recipe
Mini Kunafa is made with milk, Nestlé MILKMAID, vermicelli, butter, coconut, cheese and cornflour. This is a variety of the Arabic dessert, Kunafa that is popular during Ramadan, but made with locally available ingredients and also with a flavorful twist. The recipe is made very simple that even kids can try out with adult supervision.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 25 Min
- Baking - 10 Min
Ingredients for Mini Kunafa (Knafeh)
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 400g Fine vermicelli (semiya or seviyan)
- 100 g Butter
- 250 ml Full cream milk
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 100 g Cream cheese
For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Rose water
- Powdered pistachio
How to make Mini Kunafa (Knafeh)
- Step 1 Transfer vermicelli to a bowl and crush it well. Add melted butter and mix uniformly.
- Step 2 Take a baking tray with 6 moulds in it. You can also use cupcake moulds. Grease the baking tray with butter and fill half the tray with the vermicelli mix. Compress it with the base of a tumbler and level it.
- Step 3 Transfer the tray to the preheated oven (180°C for 5 minutes) and bake at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 For preparing the filling: In a hot pan, pour full cream milk, Nestlé MILKMIAD, cornflour and desiccated coconut. Mix these well, ensuring that there are no lumps formed. Finally add cream cheese and mix well again. Turn off flame and keep this aside.
- Step 5 Meanwhile take the tray out of oven and place the filling at the centre of each of the 6 moulds.
- Step 6 Top the moulds with the remaining vermicelli mix and level it. Bake it again for 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Step 7 To prepare sugar syrup, add sugar to some water and heat it. As the water is about to boil, add lemon extract and mix well. Finally add some rose water.
- Step 8 Top the baked mini Kunafa with the sugar syrup and let it cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Step 9 Once it is cooled, flip the mould and garnish with powdered pista.
- Step 10 Iftar Special Mini kunafa is now ready to be served. Let’s enjoy this Iftar with Nestlé MILKMAID
Recipe you might like