Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer Recipe
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 25 Min
Ingredients for Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer
- 1 Tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 Litre Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Nestlé EveryDay Shahi Ghee
- 300g Sweet Corn
- 20g Chironji Seeds/Cudappa Almond
- ½ Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 20 Nos Roasted Cashew Nuts
- As desired Raisins
How to make Sweet Corn Payasam / Kheer
- Step 1: Add sweetcorn to boiling water and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Grind this blanched sweetcorn to a paste, that is 90% done. Don’t make the paste too fine.
- Step 3: Add 1 tsp. of ghee to pan and roast chironji seeds for a minute. Roasting them adds crunchy texture to the dish.
- Step 4: Add another tsp. of ghee to a pan and add ground sweetcorn paste to it and saute for a couple of minutes till it turns aromatic and the raw smell goes.
- Step 5: In another pan, add milk (1 litre), boil it while stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Step 6: Add ground sweetcorn paste to milk, cook for 5 to 8 minutes. By this time, the sweetcorn should have mixed well with milk. Stir continuously.
- Step 7: Add Nestlé MILKMAID to give a creamy texture and a signature taste to the payasam.
- Step 8 Cook it for 5 minutes and top it with some cardamom powder, roasted chironji seeds, roasted cashews and raisins. Enjoy this warm payasam on festive days or otherwise!
Recipe you might like