Malpua Rabri Recipe
This is every Indian sweet-lover's delight. Surprisingly easy to make, the golden Malpuas are served with a topping of creamy chilled rabri/rabdi, coming together to create an absolutely indulgent creation that you can't stop eating. Malpua Rabri is one such Holi dessert that is easy and quick to prepare yet flavourful.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 30 Min
- Cooking - 40 Min
Ingredients for Malpua Rabri
- ¼ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 cup (150ml) Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 100 g Paneer
- 1 tbsp. Maida
- 1-2 Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Nuts
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 100g Sooji
- 50g Maida
- 1 cup (150ml) Water
- a pinch Baking Powder
- 50g Paneer
- Oil for shallow frying
For Sugar Syrup
- 1-½ cups Sugar
- 2 cups (300 ml) Water
How to make Malpua Rabri
- Step 1: Crumble paneer coarsely.
- Step 2: Make a paste of maida with 3 to 4 tbsp milk. Combine Nestlé MILKMAID and the rest of milk and bring to a boil.
- Step 3: Add maida paste to milk stirring continuously. Reduce flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Add chopped nuts, paneer, and elaichi powder. Remove from fire.
- Step 5: Cool and refrigerate.
- Step 1: Put sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Step 1: Combine Nestlé MILKMAID, sooji, maida, water, and baking powder. Mix well and leave for 10-15 mins.
- Step 2: Crumble paneer very finely till smooth and add to the above mixture. Beat well.
- Step 3: Heat oil in a flat frying pan (for shallow frying – only 1 to 2 mm layer of oil). Pour 1 small ladle of batter to make a small, flat malpua about 2-1/2”- 3” in diameter.
- Step 4: Fry till both sides get evenly browned.
- Step 5: Remove and soak in syrup for ½ minute.
- Step 6: Remove from syrup. Arrange on a shallow plate. Top with rabri and nuts and serve hot.