Basbousa With Almonds Recipe
Enjoy the taste of this exotic Middle-Eastern Nestlé MILKMAID dessert soaked in a delectable rose and almond syrup.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 35 Min
Ingredients for Basbousa With Almonds
- 1 tin (400 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 200 gms Melted Butter
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 300 gms Semolina/Suji
- 100 gms Ground Almonds
- 250 ml Water
- 400 gms Sugar
- 375 ml Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 2 tbsp Grounded Almonds
How to make Basbousa With Almonds
- Boil sugar and water in a saucepan. Simmer for 6-8 minutes. Remove from flame and stir in lemon juice, rosewater, and ground almonds. Keep it aside to cool.
- Combine Nestlé MILKMAID, butter and baking powder and stir. Then add semolina/suji, grounded almond and water, and stir again. Pour & level mixture in a baking tin.
- Bake at 190°C in preheated oven for 35 minutes till the top is golden. Remove from oven and pour the cooled sauce over the baked basbousa.
- Place in the fridge to cool completely, cut into diamond shapes, and serve.
Recipe you might like