Banana Toffee Payasam Recipe
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Cooking - 30 Min
Ingredients for Banana Toffee Payasam
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1.5 litre Nestlé a+ Toned Milk
- 1 /2 tin Toffee MILKMAID (caramelized condensed milk)
- 4 Banana (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 tbsp Sago (soak for 1 hr)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
How to make Banana Toffee Payasam
Steps to make Toffee Condensed Milk
- Step 1: Place an unopened tin of MILKMAID in a cooker, add water such that the tin is submerged, keeping the water level ½ inch above the tin.
- Step 2: Place the lid on top and cook this on high flame for 1 whistle. Then cook for 20 minutes on low flame. Wait till the water is completely cool before opening the cooker. You can make this Toffee MILKMAID ahead and store at room temperature.
Steps to make banana toffee payasam:
- Step 1: Heat an uruli.
- Step 2: Add sugar and let it caramelize it.
- Step 3: Cut bananas into small pieces. Add banana to the caramelized sugar. Add 1 tbsp ghee and cook bananas till soft. Mash them with the back of the ladle. Add Toffee MILKMAID to the banana mixture and mix to get smooth texture.
- Step 4: Add milk, soaked sago and cook till sago turns soft.
- Step 5 Add ½ tin MILKMAID and cook till milk is slightly reduced and thick.
- Step 6: Add a pinch of salt.
- Step 7: Remove from heat.
- Step 8: Heat 2 tbsp ghee add fried cashew and almonds and pour over the payasam.
Recipe you might like