Fruit Cake Recipe
You will never opt for store bought Fruit cake again with this easy to follow recipe. The romance of soaking the fruits and the aroma of warm spices filling up the wintry air are just too irresistible. Even if you are not big on Christmas, this rich fruit cake recipe will change your mind for sure.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 40 Min
- Baking - 60 Min
Ingredients for Fruit Cake
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 100g Butter
- 1/2 cup (75 gms) Sugar
- 1/3 cup (50 ml) Water
- 2 cups (160g) Maida
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Soda Bicarbonate
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1½ cups, chopped (150g) Mixed Dry Fruits
- 150 ml Aerated Soda
How to make Fruit Cake
- Step 1: Preheat oven at 180o C.
- Step 2: Grease an 8” square cake tin with 1/2 tsp. butter. Dust with 1 tbsp. flour.
- Step 3: Heat sugar in a pan till it melts and becomes brown. Add warm water to make caramel syrup and keep aside.
- Step 4: Sift together the maida, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, cinnamon, and nutmeg 2-3 times. Keep aside.
- Step 5: Mix in 1 tbsp. maida to the chopped fruit to coat the fruit with flour and keep aside.
- Step 6: Soften butter in a pan. Beat in Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Step 7: Fold in the sifted maida with the Milkmaid-butter mixture, alternating with aerated soda and caramel syrup till all are over.
- Step 8 : Add the chopped dry fruits (cashewnuts, almonds, walnuts, cherries, orange peel). Fold into the mix carefully with minimum movement.
- Step 9: Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for an hour at 180o C or till the cake is done. (Prick with the toothpick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is ready)
- Step 10: Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack/plate lined with cloth (to absorb moisture) and cool slightly before cutting into pieces.