Black Forest Cake Recipe
Amongst the most popular birthday cakes in India, this cake is favorite amongst kids. This cake looks incredibly gorgeous and is not half as difficult to make at home. On your kid's birthday this year, be a star mom and make this cake at home. Believe us, this will be way better than any store bought cake.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 35 Min
- Baking - 45 Min
Ingredients for Black Forest Cake
- 1 tin (400 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1¾ cup (175 gms) Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 3-4 heaped tbsp (25gms) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 100 gms Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200 ml Aerated Soda
- 1 small Tin Cherries
- 200 gms Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar
- 50 gms Milk Chocolate
How to make Black Forest Cake
- Grease an 8” baking tin and dust it with flour. Pre heat the oven to 180o C. Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, and soda bicarbonate.
- Soften butter (DO NOT MELT), add it to Nestlé MILKMAID, and beat well. Now add vanilla essence. Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack or plate and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
- Drain & destone cherries, soak both cake halves with cherry syrup. Whip cream and sugar till light and fluffy, sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries. Top with whipped cream, cherries and grated milk chocolate. Chill and serve.