Black Forest Cake Recipe
A cake never fails to impress, no matter what the occasion! It evokes memories with its taste and flavours. Even if you're feeling down, this moist and delicious black forest cake recipe will win you over and make you happy. The black forest cake is a simple yet delicious recipe that can be made with pantry ingredients.
The black forest cake is one of the most popular dessert dishes and is unquestionably delicious. The traditional cake may appear intimidating due to the time-consuming procedure of preparing it, but the black forest cake recipe is one of the easiest desserts to make when using condensed milk. This simple black forest cake recipe calls for butter, condensed milk, flour, chocolate powder, fresh cream, aerated soda, baking powder, and other ingredients.
You'll get a very fluffy, juicy, and melt-in-your-mouth flavour, as well as the freshness of various whipped cream and other ingredients, with each bite of this black forest cake. You can now make this simple black forest cake recipe at home as a treat for your loved ones because it only requires a few ingredients. Learn how to make a black forest cake at home with MILKMAID.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 35 Min
- Baking - 60 Min
Ingredients for Black Forest Cake
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1¾ cup (150 gms) Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 3-4 tbsp (25gms) Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 100 gms Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200 ml (1-1/3 cups) Aerated Soda
- 1 tin (small) Cherries
- 200 gms Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar
- 25 gms Milk Chocolate
How to make Black Forest Cake
- Grease an 8” baking tin and dust it with flour. Pre heat the oven to 180o C. Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, and soda bicarbonate (sieve 2-3 times for better aeration).
- Soften butter (DO NOT MELT), add it to Nestlé MILKMAID, and beat well. Now add vanilla essence. Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack or plate and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
- Drain & destone cherries, soak both cake halves with cherry syrup. Whip the cream and sugar till light and fluffy, sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries. Top with whipped cream, cherries and grated milk chocolate. Chill and serve.
- Undermixing and overmixing the black forest gateau should be avoided at all costs. Overmixing the batter will deflate the essential air, resulting in dense cakes. Don't undermix, on the other hand. You must fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Do not open the oven door frequently as this will result in a fluctuating oven temperature, resulting in uneven baking and cracking.
1. Is it necessary to refrigerate my black forest gateau?
Most cakes can be stored at room temperature for two days. When in doubt, always refrigerate. They last longer, especially if the weather is too humid or your kitchen gets too hot.
2. When frosting the black forest cake, how do you avoid it from crumbling?
Before frosting the black forest cake, make sure it has totally cooled. Freezing the cake layers before frosting is a great approach to avoid crumbling. Crumb coating, or frosting the black forest cake in a thin layer, captures crumbs and keeps it moist.