Black Forest Cake Recipe
Indulge in the divine delight of homemade eggless Black Forest Cake with our easy recipe.
The cake prepared with Nestlé MILKMAID is rich, moist, and luscious, and offers an unmatchable melt-in-the-mouth texture. And then, you bite into cherries, and their tartness cuts through the sweetness, creating this amazing balance of flavours. And let's not forget the whipped cream—it's light and airy, adding a creamy touch that makes each bite memorable.
Without Nestlé MILKMAID, it can be challenging to achieve the perfect texture and taste.
Moreover, baking a Black Forest Cake at home is a truly special experience. It's not just about the result, but the entire process that makes it extraordinary. From mixing the ingredients to baking, you enjoy the process, and the end brings a sense of accomplishment. The aroma that fills your kitchen is heavenly.
You can even involve your kids in the baking process to add an extra dose of fun and excitement. It becomes a wonderful opportunity for bonding and creating lasting memories together. Kids can help measure and mix the ingredients, whisk the batter, and decorate the cake. Their enthusiasm and creativity bring an infectious energy to the kitchen. Plus, sharing the finished cake becomes a proud moment for everyone involved, making the experience even more joyful.
As you follow every step in our eggless Black Forest Cake recipe, pouring your love and creativity into the cake, the result becomes a beautiful reflection of your efforts.
And when you finally indulge in a slice, the homemade touch makes it taste even more delightful and satisfying.
So, quickly gather a few ingredients, put on your chef’s hat, and try your hand at our Black Forest Cake recipe.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 35 Min
- Baking - 60 Min
Ingredients for Black Forest Cake
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 (25g) Nestlé Milk Chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 1¾ cup (175 g) Maida
- 3-4 heaped tbsp (25g) Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1-1/3 cups (200ml) Aerated soda
- 1 small tin Tinned Cherries
- 200g Cream
- 2 tsp Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar
How to make Black Forest Cake
- Step 1: Grease an 8” diameter baking tin and dust it with flour.
- Step 2: Pre heat the oven at 180o C.
- Step 3: Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate (sieve 2-3 times for better aeration).
- Step 4: Soften butter (DO NOT MELT). Add Nestlé MILKMAID and beat well. Add the vanilla essence.
- Step 5: Add maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Step 6: Pour the batter into the baking tin (8” diameter) and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Step 7: Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen sides of cake, using a knife if necessary. Turnout over a wire rack/plate lined with cloth (to absorb moisture) and cool slightly before cutting horizontally into 2.
- Step 8: Drain & destone cherries. Soak both cakes halves with cherry syrup.
- Step 9: Whip cream and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Step 10: Sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and chopped cherries.
- Step 11: Top with whipped cream and cherries.
- Step 12: Sprinkle generously with grated chocolate.
- Step 13: Chill and serve.
Tips to Black Forest Cake
- Use high-quality ingredients, especially for the chocolate, cherries, and whipped cream, as they significantly impact the final taste of the Black Forest Cake.
- Accurate measurements are crucial for baking. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure you add the right amount of each ingredient.
- When incorporating dry ingredients into the batter, gently fold them in using a spatula. Avoid overmixing to maintain a light and fluffy texture.
- Allow the cake layers to cool completely before assembling and frosting. This prevents the frosting from melting and ensures a stable structure.
- Use chilled cream and a cold mixing bowl to whip the cream.
FAQs on Black Forest Cake
1. Can I substitute fresh cherries with canned or jarred cherries in the above Black Forest Cake recipe?
Yes, you can substitute fresh cherries with canned or jarred cherries if fresh cherries are not in season or available. Just make sure to drain the cherries well and adjust the sweetness accordingly.
2. Can I make a Black Forest Cake in advance?
Yes, you can make a Black Forest Cake in advance. However, it is best to assemble and decorate the cake shortly before serving to maintain its freshness. You can prepare the chocolate sponge cake, whip the cream, and prepare the cherries in advance, then assemble everything when you're ready to serve.
3. How long does Black Forest Cake last?
Though it depends on the Black Forest Cake recipe you are following, ideally, the cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. It's best to consume the cake within this time frame for optimal freshness. Make sure to cover it well to prevent it from drying out.
4. Are there any variations of Black Forest Cake that I can try?
Yes, there are variations you can try. Some popular variations include using white chocolate shavings instead of dark chocolate or incorporating chocolate ganache between the cake layers for an extra decadent touch. You can also experiment with different types of cherries or add a hint of almond flavour by using almond extract in the whipped cream.