Crunchy Payasam Recipe
Experience the joy of Onam with our Crunchy Payasam recipe, made to win the little ones’ hearts. Crunchy Payasam is a delightful dessert that will add a special touch to Onam festivities.
This delightful dessert, brings together MILKMAID’s silky texture and signature taste, and the crunch of Munch chocolate, making it a kids’ favourite!
Not just kids, but the young at heart will also enjoy this dessert, relishing in the childhood memories of Onam celebrations! Try this new dessert during Onam, and see delight in everyone’s eyes! Make new memories and share the joy as you gather to enjoy this yummy treat together this Onam.
The recipe blends rice ada, creamy Nestlé MILKMAID condensed milk, and adds the crunch of Munch chocolate. This can be served in a bowl or in a layered pudding style as well to elevate the experience even more! Create cherished moments with our Crunchy Payasam this Onam. Try our recipe today!
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 10 Min
- Cooking - 30 Min
Ingredients for Crunchy Payasam
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/3 cup Biscuit Crumbs
- 5 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/3 cup Rice Ada
- 4 cups Milk
- 4-6 Munch Bars
- 8-10 Cashews
- 8-10 Raisins
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
How to make Crunchy Payasam
- Step 1: Mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter in a bowl. Set the mixture as first layer in the glasses.
- Step 2: Soak rice ada in water for 20 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Step 3: Now, add milk in a pan/kadai and bring it to a boil.
- Step 4: Add Nestlé MILKMAID and 2 Munch bars. Mix and let the chocolate melt on low flame. You can also mash the chocolate using the back of your spatula.
- Step 5: Add the soaked rice ada and mix well. Simmer and cook till the payasam thickens.
- Step 6: Then roast cashews and raisins in ghee till they turn golden. Then add them to the payasam. Mix well.
- Step 7: Add the prepared payasam over the first layer in the glasses.
- Step 8: Garnish with Munch. Serve chilled & enjoy!