Carrot Cake Recipe
Experience the magic of the best Carrot Cake recipe to make at home. It is a harmonious blend of perfectly balanced sweetness with subtle earthiness from freshly grated carrots.
There's something magical about baking it from scratch and seeing it come to life in your kitchen. The grated carrots infuse the cake with a subtle natural sweetness, perfectly complemented by warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Think of it as a warm embrace for your taste buds.
And the texture is a dream! Moist, tender, and with a delicate crumb, each bite melts in your mouth. The grated carrots add a pleasant chewiness, while the toasted nuts on top provide a delightful crunch.
Though preparing Carrot Cake may sound like a tedious job, our recipe and Nestlé MILKMAID (sweetened condensed milk) ease the process.
Nestlé MILKMAID also adds more creaminess and richness to the cake, enhancing its flavour and texture. It adds a natural sweetness that beautifully blends with the taste of the grated carrots, giving the cake its amazing flavour. The condensed milk also helps keep the cake moist for a longer period.
So here’s the easy Carrot Cake recipe for you to try and enjoy!
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 30 Min
- Baking - 50 Min
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- 1 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 100 g Butter
- 200 g Maida
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg (Jaiphal) powder
- 125 ml Aerated Soda
- 250 g (2 cups) Carrots (grated)
How to make Carrot Cake
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180o C. Grease and dust the baking tin (8” diameter) with maida.
- Step 2: Sieve together maida, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and nutmeg powder.
- Step 3: Dust carrots with 2-3 tbsp maida to prevent them from settling at the bottom.
- Step 4: Soften the butter and add Nestlé MILKMAID. Beat well.
- Step 5: Add 2 tbsp of maida mix to Milkmaid mixture. Stir, add 2 tbsp. of aerated soda and beat well. Repeat alternatively maida and aerated soda till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Step 6: Fold in carrots.
- Step 7: Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven at 1800 C for 45-50 min. or till done. Cool slightly.
- Step 8: Remove the cake from the tin. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 min. Slice and serve.
Tips to make Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven, grease a baking tin, and dust it with maida.
- Dust carrots with 2-3 tbsp maida to prevent them from settling at the bottom of the cake.
- Do not melt the butter entirely. It only needs to be softened enough to be mixed.
- Make sure to fold the maida mix and other ingredients carefully and as per instructions.
- Take out the cake only after it has cooled down.
FAQs on Carrot Cake
1. Can I freeze homemade Carrot Cake?
Yes, you can freeze homemade Carrot Cake. Wrap the unfrosted cake tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminium foil before placing it in the freezer.
2. Can I substitute vegetable oil for butter in my homemade Carrot Cake recipe?
Yes, you can substitute vegetable oil for butter in the above easy Carrot Cake recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavour may be slightly different. Oil tends to make the cake moister, while butter adds a rich flavour. Experiment with small batches to find the balance that suits your preference.
3. How can I prevent my Carrot Cake from sinking in the middle?
To prevent your Carrot Cake from sinking in the middle, ensure that you don't overmix the batter and follow the Carrot Cake recipe properly. Overmixing can lead to excessive air incorporation, which can cause the cake to collapse during baking. Additionally, make sure your leavening agents, like baking powder or baking soda are fresh and not expired.